ESET Mobile Security for Android combines a proactive scanning engine with Anti-Theft and Call Filter features to provide real-time protection against known and emerging threats.
What's new in the latest version:
The Anti-Theft feature has been updated to improve security and usability.
The security password was replaced by PIN code or pattern lock. You can reset it by entering your my.eset.com password.
Connected Home network scan
Connected Home allows you to scan your network for devices connected to your router and to check for vulnerabilities. Connected Home scans your network in two steps.
Application lock is a premium feature available to users with a paid license. Application lock is an additional security feature that allows you to set a pin or fingerprint that will be required to unlock individual apps.
Referral codes are only available to users with a Google Play license. Each device with ESET Mobile Security installed is assigned a unique referral code. Share and receive referral codes to get ESET Mobile Security free for up to a year. For more information about referral codes, click here.
This option is only available when a verified fingerprint is saved on your device. When enabled, you can use your fingerprint as your security password in ESET Mobile Security.
Removable media scan
ESET Mobile Security scans all removable media connected to your device, like USB Flash drives and external Hard drives
Backup and restore
ESET Mobile Security allows you to create a backup file containing your ESET Mobile Security settings. You can download this file to an external device and use it to restore your ESET Mobile Security settings.
- Online Management of Anti-Theft features—From your my.eset.com Anti-Theft account, you have access to your device's data, including camera pictures, location tracking, on-screen messages, Anti-Theft optimization settings, current GPS position of a device when low on battery, security password change, and IP address. See the ESET Mobile Security Product Overview (PDF) for more detailed descriptions of the online management features.
- Ignore threats—Option to add detected threats to a whitelist. When a threat is detected, you have the option to ignore the threat. ESET Mobile Security will then add the name of the file to the Ignore threats list. If the name of the threat file changes, ESET Mobile Security will again detect it as a threat. You can remove the file from the Ignore threats list at any time.
- Proactive Anti-Theft
If suspicious activity on your lost device is detected (such as an unauthorized SIM card being inserted or an incorrect password/pattern unlock attempt), you will receive an email notification and Proactive Anti-Theft will lock your device, take camera snapshots, and relay location information so you can track your missing device via my.eset.com.
- On-Charger Scan—From the Automatic Scans menu, you can choose to only start scans when the device is fully charged and in an idle state (you must enable this feature; it is not enabled by default).
- Variable depth of scanning (Quick/Smart/Deep)
- Scheduled scanning
- Background scanning will run while you use your mobile device
- Call filtering for specific contacts and specific times
- Anti-Theft Wizard and Startup Wizard
- Built-in USSD Control to protect you against attacks via malicious SMS messages, QR codes or URL links
- Application Audit to monitor the permissions of installed apps
ESET Mobile Security for Android is offered in three products:
Free: A lifetime license for the Free product; it includes basic features
Trial: A 30-day trial license for the Full/Premium product
Premium: A license for the Full/Premium product for the duration of your subscription
Features available in Free and Premium/Trial versions
- Operating system: Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.
*ESET Mobile Security for Android does not support Kindle Fire (1st Gen)
- Device RAM: 512+ MB
- Screen: Touchscreen (minimum 240x320px)
- Processor: 500+ MHz ARM7+
- Internet connection
*Some feature functionality is OS version dependent.
For answers to frequently asked questions, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: