What's new in ESET Mobile Security for Android?
- Features available in the free and premium versions of ESET Mobile Security
- New features available in the latest version of ESET Mobile Security
- To find the latest version of ESET Mobile Security available for your device, open the Google Play app on your device or open the main menu in ESET Mobile Security application and tap Settings → Update.
ESET Mobile Security for Android combines a proactive scanning engine with Anti-Theft and SMS & Call Filter features to provide real-time protection against known and emerging threats.
Application lock is a premium feature available to users with a paid license. Application lock is an additional security feature that allows you to set a pin or fingerprint that will be required to unlock individual apps.
Referral codes are only available to users with a Google Play license. Each device with ESET Mobile Security installed is assigned a unique referral code. Share and receive referral codes to get ESET Mobile Security free for up to a year. For more information about referral codes, click here.
This option is only available when a verified fingerprint is saved on your device. When enabled, you can use your fingerprint as your security password in ESET Mobile Security.
Online Management of Anti-Theft features
From your my.eset.com Anti-Theft account you have access to your device's data, including camera pictures, location tracking, on-screen messages, Anti-Theft optimization settings, current GPS position of a device when low on battery, security password change, and IP address. See the ESET Mobile Security Product Overview (PDF) for more detailed descriptions of the online management features.
Option to add detected threats to a whitelist. When a threat is detected, you have the option to ignore the threat. ESET Mobile Security will then add the name of the file to the Ignore threats list. If the name of the threat file changes, ESET Mobile Security will again detect it as a threat. You can remove the file from the Ignore threats list at any time.
From the Automatic Scans menu, you can choose to only start scans when the device is fully charged and in an idle state (you must enable this feature; it is not enabled by default).
If suspicious activity on your lost device is detected (such as an unauthorized SIM card being inserted or an incorrect password/pattern unlock attempt), you will receive an email notification and Proactive Anti-Theft will lock your device, take camera snapshots, and relay location information so you can track your missing device via my.eset.com.
- Variable depth of scanning (Quick/Smart/Deep)
- Scheduled scanning
- Background scanning will run while you use your mobile device
- SMS/Call filtering for specific contacts and specific times
- Anti-Theft Wizard and Startup Wizard
- Built-in USSD Control to protect you against attacks via malicious SMS messages, QR codes or URL links
- Application Audit to monitor the permissions of installed apps
ESET Mobile Security for Android is offered in three products:
- Free: A lifetime license for the Free product; it includes basic features
- Trial: A 30-day trial license for the Full/Premium product
- Premium: A license for the Full/Premium product for the duration of your subscription
|Antivirus and Security|
|ESET Live Grid (Malware Submissions)|
|Detection of Potentially Unwanted Apps (PUA)|
|Automatic Scheduled Scan|
|Ignore threats List|
|SMS Command: Find (Locale)|
|SMS Command: Siren|
|SMS Command: Lock|
|SMS Command: Wipe|
|my.eset.com online account management|
|SMS & Call Filter|
|SMS / MMS / Call Blocking|
|Block Last Caller|
|Online Device Management|
|On Screen Message|
|Device is Low On Battery|
|Security Password Changed|
|General and Usability|
|Customer Care Contact Form (Support)|
|Phone / Online Support|
Operating system: Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.
*ESET Mobile Security for Android does not support Kindle Fire (1st Gen)
- Device RAM: 512+ MB
- Screen: Touchscreen (minimum 240x320px)
- Processor: 500+ MHz ARM7+
- Internet connection
For answers to frequently asked questions, refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
- ESET Mobile Security for Android FAQ
- Will ESET Mobile Security for Android work on my Tablet device?