How do I uninstall or reinstall ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?KB Solution ID: KB2788 |Last Revised: October 1, 2015
- Uninstall and reinstall your ESET product to resolve an issue you are experiencing
- Upgrade ESET Smart Security/NOD32 Antivirus to the latest version
I. Download the latest version of your ESET product
North American Customers
Customers outside of North America
When prompted, click Save and save the file to your Desktop.
II. Uninstall your existing ESET product
Click Start → All Programs → ESET → Uninstall.
- Windows 8 user? Click here for uninstallation instructions
After completing the uninstallation, restart your computer. If you you receive an error during the uninstall process, use the ESET Uninstaller tool to complete uninstallation and then continue to section III below.
Navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the installation package file and double-click it to open ESET Live Installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install and activate your ESET product, or see one of the following Knowledgebase articles:
If after performing the steps in parts I, II and III installation is not successful, run the ESET Uninstaller tool and then attempt to install again.
- Contact ESET Customer Care if you still cannot install your ESET product.