Common ESET Installation Error MessagesKB Solution ID: KB2955 |Last Revised: July 29, 2015
MESSAGE: Error communicating with kernel.
- SOLUTION: Perform a manual uninstallation
MESSAGE: ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus installation ended prematurely
- SOLUTION 1: Visit our Knowledgebase article for this error
- SOLUTION 2: Perform a manual uninstallation
MESSAGE: Error 2878
SOLUTION: Visit our Knowledgebase article for this error.
MESSAGE: SC Error Code 11
- SOLUTION: If you are installing ESET Remote Administrator on a server, make sure that you are logged into the administrator account while performing the installation.
MESSAGE: Uninstallation of the previous version failed. Please uninstall it manually and run the installer again.
SOLUTION: Perform a manual uninstallation
MESSAGE: This product version is not intended for server operating systems.
- SOLUTION: Follow the links below to learn about system requirements for ESET non-server products in more detail.
MESSAGE: Enter a valid Password to continue uninstallation.
SOLUTION: Your ESET product installation is protected by a password. Press F5 to access the Advanced setup tree, expand Access setup → User interface → Password protect settings and enter a valid Password to continue uninstallation.
- If you do not know your user-defined password, use the ESET Unlock Utility to remove it and restore access to the configuration settings.
MESSAGE: This product version is not compatible with the installed version. It is therefore not possible to run the reinstallation. Please uninstall current product version and restart the installation.
- SOLUTION: Make sure that you are installing a newer version of the same ESET product you had previously installed. Refer to the following ESET Knowledgebase articles for more information:
MESSAGE: The header is corrupt.
- SOLUTION: This error occurs when a user tries to decompress (unRar) the .exe installation file instead of allowing the installer to automatically extract the files. If you have downloaded an ESET product installation file from ESET's website, double-click the file to initiate installation. The install files will be automatically extracted and the wizard will guide you through the installation process.
MESSAGE: This installation package is intended for 32-bit operating systems. Please use an installation package for 64-bit operating systems.
- SOLUTION: This error occurs when a user tries to install an ESET product on an operating system with architecture that does not match the architecture of the ESET product. To install the correct version of ESET or to determine which type of operating system you are using, visit one of the following ESET Knowledgebase articles:
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact ESET Customer Care.