File-level scanning of some email servers, backup software, gaming applications, etc. can occasionally cause abnormal system behavior. To exclude specific applications or folders from the Real-time scanner, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Business users: click here.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware → Exclusions and then click the Add... button.
Click image to view larger in new window
- The Add exclusion window will be displayed. Using the directory tree, browse for the folder or file you wish to exclude. The directory path will automatically display In the Exclusion: field. Click OK to save the exclusion.
- Click OK again and close the main program window. Restart your computer.
Solution 1: For Windows XP through Vista (with no Service Packs)
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware → Web access protection → HTTP → Web browsers.
- If the application you wish to exclude is listed, click the corresponding check box until you see a red 'X'. Click OK to save changes—you are finished. If you do not see the application you are trying to exclude, proceed to step 3.
- Click the Add button to browse and select the .exe file of the desired application. The application will appear in the list of applications to exclude. Click the corresponding check box until you see a red 'X'. Click OK to save changes.
Solution 2: For Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and later, Windows Server 2008 and ESET security product version 4.2.x or later
The Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) is new with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and later and with Windows Server 2008. The WFP architecture is used to check network communication and since it uses special monitoring techniques, the Web browsers section is not available. To exclude applications from protocol filtering on these systems with an ESET security product version 4.2.x or later installed, follow the steps below:
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware → Protocol filtering → Excluded applications.
- If the application you wish to exclude is listed, click the corresponding check box to select the application. Click OK to save changes.