Known issues for version 7 ESET business products
- Known Issues for version 7 (and version 7 compatible) business products
- Server task does not save credentials (password) when you edit or change a task
- When editing a notification with filters enabled, the filter configuration is not displayed but the notifications continue to work.
- If a computer name includes special characters in hostname (emojis), it will not connect to ESMC Server.
- If you add exclusions from policy and choose the option “Exclude collected threats”, exclusion by URI and Threat Name does not work (values are swapped and written into incorrect fields).
- MDM Core cannot be installed on Windows Server 2008R2 SP1 x64 in “offline mode”.
- Logs in LEEF format are missing computer name / computer FQDN / and time zone specification with event time.
- After upgrading from version 6.x ESET Remote Administrator, tasks set with monthly triggers will stop working and cause “Unexpected Error” message
- Solution: Click "Continue", edit the task and recreate the trigger in ESMC.
- Mobile Device Connector does not accept certificates from ERA 6.5 after upgrade. A new certificate with the CA included needs to be generated in ESMC version 7 and updated via policy to connect clients, to prevent the need for reenrollment.
When manually upgrading ESET Mobile Device Connector, the upgrade may fail due to previous installation of Mobile Device Connector not being able to stop its service.
Solution: Set the Mobile Device Connector service Startup type to “Manual”, then restart the service from within Services and run the upgrade procedure again.
- It is not possible to use Windows Phone for two-factor authentication if ESET Remote Administrator is a part of the domain and domain user is provisioned.
- Certificates with validity ending after year 2037 are not supported on Mac OS X. It is not possible to parse a date variable from the Certificate Authority on Mac OS X. The Agent cannot connect, because OS X cannot accept the Certificate Authority.
- Mobile Device Connector (MDC) requires unique device identification to be able to process device enrollment correctly, as unique device identification is needed by internal structures of MDC. Some Android devices might have the same device identification, and those devices will fail to enroll into MDC.
- Installing ERA Agent on macOS Sierra (10.12) requires root privileges.
MDM can stop working after a mobile device's static object is removed (for example, if a task or policy is removed from the device).
Solution: This is a database-related issue—contact ESET technical support to resolve.
- When performing upgrade of previous versions of ESET Remote Administrator to ESMC V7 it might happen, that it is not possible to login to the web console for a longer period of time
- Using emojis or other 4-byte characters in certificates & object names will cause database errors and server crashes in some cases.
- Proxy settings for replication are not applied from an agent policy using the All-in-one installer.
- The Computer details view for a client incorrectly displays static group hierarchy and shows the device as a member of all parent dynamic groups. However, policies are still applied correctly.
Upgrade from version 4.5 does not transfer activation.
Solution: Run the "Product activation task" with a correct license after the upgrade.
- If you create the very first site, the Sites menu item does not appear in the left-hand menu unless the browser window is refreshed manually.
- If a user you created in ESET Business Account portal does not use the activation link before it expires, the user status remains Waiting for activation and there is no alert reported about it.
- The alerts count in the left navigation menu does not refresh on marking an alert resolved or not resolved, unless the ESET Business Account portal web page is refreshed manually.
- If you are not the owner (root) of ESET Business Account portal, but have permissions to manage users, the Delete option is missing from User Management page.
- If two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled and then ESET Cloud Administrator is activated, ESET Business Account portal will offer to activate 2FA again.
- User is not automatically logged out when write permission is removed.
- Clients not connected for a long time (defined by Database Cleanup settings) are still visible in the EEI console.
The parameter P_IS_SERVER_ASSISTED does not work when upgrading EI client.
Solution: If you reinstall EI Server without changing the Certification Authority and change only the server certificate, the Agent upgrade works from the command line.
- Inconsistency in chosen filters between before and after upgrade EI server via .msi. If you set a filtered view in any tab or sub-tab, after the upgrade the filter will be reset to default.
- Incorrect behavior when downloading quarantined file. The quarantined file is downloaded in a zip file, the quarantined file is inside but without an extension and without its original name. You must change it manually.
- EEI will not work if the Endpoint is updated but EEI is not updated.
A new certificate does not download during the upgrade process. Due to a failed certificate verification, ESET Enterprise Inspector (EEI) agents cannot communicate with the EEI server. The issue is also present for command line installations and when upgrading with ESET Security Management System (ESMC). Only manual server-assisted upgrades work properly.
Workaround: This issue is not present during first-time installation, only upgrade and repair. We recommend uninstalling the EEI agent and reinstalling it using the following command: msiexec /i "eei_agent_nt32_ENU.msi" /L*Vx log.txt /q P_HOSTNAME="KKWin2019" P_IS_SERVER_ASSISTED=1.
ESET Secure Authentication (220.127.116.11)