The following security modules built into your ESET product(s) receive regular version updates automatically to ensure maximum protection:
- Detection engine
- Rapid Response
- Antivirus and antispyware scanner
- Advanced heuristics
- Archive support
- ESET SysInspector
- Self-defense support
- Real-time file system protection
- Translation support
- HIPS support
- Internet protection
- Web content filter
- Advanced antispam
You can determine which version of each module you have currently installed (to check to see if you need a specific patch, etc.) by opening the About window.
The About screen in your ESET product displays the version number for each module. In this example, we will check the version number of the ESET firewall module.
Open the main program window of your ESET Windows product.
- Click Help and support → About ESET Smart Security Premium.
- In the About screen, the first line of text displays the version number of your ESET product. Click Installed components to access information about specific modules.
In the Installed components window, scroll down until you see Firewall module. The numbers immediately after the colon (1380 in Figure 1-3 below) is the version number of your Firewall module. Proceed to part II below if you want to send this information to ESET Technical Support.
Copy this information for ESET Technical Support (optional)
In some cases, our analysts can more effectively troubleshoot a customer's issue if they have information about the ESET product(s) installed. After opening a case with ESET technical support, you can submit this information to help resolve your issue.
- Follow steps 1-3 in part I above to open the About screen.
- In the Installed components screen, click Copy.
Version 8.x and earlier: In the Installed components window, scroll to the top, click the first line, hold down the Shift key and then press the End key. When the entire section is highlighted, right-click in the Installed components window and select Copy from the context menu. Click OK to exit the About window.
- In your email client, right-click and select Paste from the context menu to add your system information to the body of your response to ESET technical support.