Download and Install ESET Smart Security or ESET Smart Security Premium
This article applies to the following products:
- ESET Smart Security Premium
- ESET Smart Security
If you have reached this page from ESET Multi-Device Security and are installing ESET Internet Security, see our step-by-step instructions.
Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software on your system.
If you have a CD, insert it into your computer (if the installation does not begin automatically, click Start → Computer and double-click the ESET disc icon).
To install without a CD:
- In the Install ESET Smart Security Premium screen, click Continue.
- Click I Accept.
- Select your preference for ESET Live Grid and Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications. Click Install.
- Click Done to exit the Installation Wizard.
The Product activation window will open automatically. If you are updating from a previous version, your license info will be entered automatically. Otherwise, type or copy/paste your License Key into the blank field and click Activate. Make sure you enter the License Key exactly as it appears and include the hyphens. If you copy/paste be sure you do not accidentally select additional space around the text. If you have a CD, type your Activation Key (printed on the label) into the blank field. Be sure to include hyphens.
Click here if you do not have a License Key or did not receive an email with license info following your purchase.
If you entered your credentials correctly, you will see the Activation was successful screen. Click Done to complete activation. If you have a CD and used an Activation Key to activate, you will see the Please register your license screen. Complete all relevant fields and click Activate → Done.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- In the Network connection found window, click Home or office network if you are performing this installation in an office or home environment on a secure network. Only select Public network if you are traveling with your computer and ESET Smart Security Premium detects a new network.
Your ESET Security product is now installed and fully functional. Depending on the product, you will be prompted to enable additional ESET security tools. Click for help to setup Password Manager, Secure Data, Parental Control and Anti-Theft.