How can I import or export my ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus configuration settings using an .xml file?
- Export your configuration as an .xml file
- Import your settings to another computer
- Submit a configuration .xml file to ESET Customer Care
I. Export your configuration as an XML file
Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Setup → Import and export settings.
- Select Export settings, choose a file name and location for your configuration .xml file, click Save and then click OK.
II. Import your settings to another computer
- To import your ESET product settings from one computer to another, repeat steps 1 and 2 (above) on the second computer and then select Import settings.
- Click the ... button to browse to the .xml file you want to import (stored on a public drive, a USB flash drive, etc.) and click OK to confirm. Your second computer should now be configured identically to the first.
III. Submit a configuration .xml file to ESET Customer Care
To better assist you with a case, Customer Care may request an .xml file containing the settings for your ESET product. Reply to this request and attach the .xml file you created in part I.