Download and Install ESET Internet Security
- Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software on your system.
If you have a CD, insert it into your computer (if the installation does not begin automatically, click Start → Computer and double-click the ESET disc icon).
To install without a CD:
- Download the ESET Internet Security installer file.
- Double-click the installer file to begin installation.
- In the Install ESET Internet Security window, click Continue.
- Review the End-user license agreement and click I Accept.
In the Choose an activation option window, click Use a purchased License Key. If you are updating from a previous version, your license info will be entered automatically.
Click here if you do not have a License Key or did not receive an email with license info following your purchase.
- In the Use a purchased License Key field, type or copy/paste your License Key and click Continue. Make sure you enter the License Key exactly as it appears and include the hyphens. If you copy/paste, be sure you do not accidentally select additional space around the text. If you have a CD, type your Activation Key (printed on the label) in the blank field. Be sure to include the hyphens.
- Click Continue. You have the option to install a different product in this step, however doing so will keep you from using all of the features in ESET Internet Security.
- Select your preference for ESET Live Grid and Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications. Click Continue.
- Select your preference for the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and click Install. To change your CEIP settings after installation, click here.
- Click Done to exit the Installation Wizard
- ESET Internet Security is now installed and fully functional. You will be prompted to set up additional security tools. Click for help to setup Parental Control and Anti-Theft.
Your ESET product will automatically use your computer's Windows network setting to determine if you are using a public or a home or office network to determine the appropriate firewall protection levels. To change your firewall protection level for a given network, follow the instructions in our Knowledgebase article.