What's new in ESET Endpoint Security / ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6?
ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 6 were released December 11th, 2014, in North America, and globally February 25th, 2015.
ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 6.3 were released January 21st, 2016.
ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 6.4 were released July 6th, 2016.
ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 6.6 were released August 24th, 2017.
For more information about the new version of ESET Remote Administrator, see ESET Remote Administrator 6—FAQ.
New graphical interface—A high-resolution, touch-screen compatible interface with easy access to the features and tools you use most.
Anti-Phishing—Protects you from attempts to acquire your password and other sensitive information by restricting access to malicious websites that impersonate legitimate ones.
Botnet Protection (EES only)—Helps discover malware by analyzing network communication patterns and protocols.
ESET Shared Local Cache—Improved performance in virtualized settings. The use of a shared local cache decreases scan times when using ESET Endpoint products with VMware or Hyper-V solutions.
- Native 64-bit scanning—Further reduces system footprint and allows for the fastest, most efficient scans.
- Added: Native 64-bit scanning core. Reduces system footprint and allows for the fastest, most efficient scans.
- Added: Command-line management interface allows for direct management of Endpoint without ESET Remote Administrator (RMM interface)
- Added: Users can now export scan logs in text format
- Added: Ability to select logging severity for firewall rules, HIPS rules and protocol filtering URL lists for user reporting events to ESET Remote Administrator
- Added: Notification is displayed when connecting to an unprotected WiFi network
- Added: Support for the visually impaired
- Added: Support for bundle installer when creating installation package from ESET Remote Administrator
- Added: Support for Digest authentication during communication with ESET update servers
- Added: Support for HTTP proxy fallback in case connection to proxy fails
- Changed: Wording adjustments for certain tooltips and help pages
- Fixed: Other minor bug fixes
- Web threat detection for threats caused by browser vulnerabilities or browser plug-ins (Java, Flash, Silverlight)
- Ability to perform one action for additional viruses found after scan
- Seat name added to Help and support page as custom name for endpoint seat
- Automatic update of product from removable media
- Ability to hide license expiration messages and information
- XML files generated from ESET Endpoint 5 are correctly imported to ESET Endpoint 6
- Driver support for 3G modems and similar connection devices
- Updated AV Remover to most current versionWeb control—Now allows you to create "soft" (situation-based) blocking policies and partially customize the blocking and warning page.
- Added: Web threat detection for threats caused by browser vulnerabilities or browser plug-ins (Java, Flash, Silverlight)
- Added: Ability to perform one action for additional viruses found after scan
- Added: Seat name added to Help and support page as custom name for endpoint seat
- Added: Automatic update of product from removable media
- Added: Ability to hide license expiration messages and information
- Added: XML files generated from ESET Endpoint 5 are correctly imported to ESET Endpoint 6
- Added: Driver support for 3G modems and similar connection devices
- Added: Updated AV Remover to most current version
- Fixed: Idle-state scanning running when computer is locked even though it is set to run on screensaver only
- Fixed: AV Remover crashes when two installation processes run simultaneously with AV Remover scanning
- Fixed: Updated the Protection Status message "Installation is out of date" when no update task is scheduled (it now states “No regular updates scheduled” both on the endpoint and in ERA)
- Fixed: Error using the Repair feature if the endpoint product is installed from repository
- Fixed: Endpoint is not assigned to dynamic group "License expired" when license is expired
- Fixed: Incorrect device name displays in the “New device detected” window
- Fixed: The endpoint product incorrectly detects the system as full-screen when moving tabs in Microsoft Edge and causes Presentation mode to start
- Fixed: Presentation mode starts when RDP connection is opened in full-screen mode on second monitor
- Fixed: Option to select second update server in scheduler is grayed out if primary update server is set to default
- Fixed: Added scrollbar indicating time remaining in case of migrating endpoint containing a large Web control list (50k+ links)