ESET Password Manager is part of the ESET Smart Security Premium package. It is a password manager that protects and stores your passwords and personal data. It also includes a form completion (autofill) feature that saves time by completing web forms automatically and accurately.
ESET Password Manager FAQs
- How do I enable or install ESET Password Manager?
Windows: To enable or install ESET Password Manager from ESET Smart Security Premium, see Set up security tools in ESET Smart Security Premium.
iOS: Install ESET Password Manager for iOS
- Which Operating Systems can I use ESET Password Manager with?
ESET Password Manager is currently available as desktop applications for Windows (7 and later) and macOS (10.12 and later) and mobile applications for Android (5 and later) and iOS (Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch).
- Which internet browsers are supported—Is Microsoft Edge supported?
Microsoft Edge based on Chromium is supported. See the complete list of all major browsers that ESET Password Manager does support allowing you to easily import your credentials and identities from popular browsers or other password managers.
- Will the ESET Password Manager stored passwords still work if my ESET Smart Security Premium license expires?
Yes. However, your existing password store will become read-only and only existing passwords will be available. Any new passwords you create will not be synced to the cloud or other devices.
- How do I change my master password?
If you know your current master password and want to change it, open ESET Smart Security Premium and navigate to Setup → Security tools and click the gear icon → Open Password Manager → Menu → Settings and then click Change Password. Click to view a screenshot.
- What if I forget my Master Password?
Only you know your Master Password. ESET does not save it on our servers or send it over the internet. If you forget or lose your Master Password, it cannot be resent to you.
We recommend that you periodically export and save a backup of your password store—doing so will also allow you to create a new password store if you forget your Master Password. However, because of the sensitivity of the password data, you should only save the exported data to a secure, encrypted and password-protected location, such as a USB drive protected by ESET Secure Data, or other secure location.
For instructions to import your password store backup, see How to import a password store if you forgot your Master Password for ESET Password Manager.
- How do I enable an additional web browser?
If you have already installed, enabled and integrated ESET Password Manager with an existing web browser, you can add the extension to another web browser at any time. If you have recently installed a new web browser, you must first restart your computer. Next, open ESET Smart Security Premium and navigate to Setup → Security tools and click the gear icon → Open Password Manager → Menu → Settings→ Supported browsers. Click Install next to the web browsers you want to integrate with ESET Password Manager.
To add the extension to Chrome, you will be redirected to the ESET Password Manager extension page. Click Add To Chrome → Add extension.
- How many passwords can be stored in Password Manager?
There is no limit to the number of credentials that can be stored in Password Manager, however you may be limited by the disk space available on your system.
- Can Password Manager be used with Banking and Payment protection?
The Banking and Payment protection secure browser does not allow extensions such as Password Manager. does not work with Banking and Payment protection because Banking and Payment protection opens in its own secured browser. You are still protected.
- Can I have my User ID and Password autofill when I am using the Banking and Payment Protection browser?
Since your login information is stored inside Password Manager, the autofill feature will not work when you are using the Banking and Payment Protection browser. You can copy and paste your login information from Password Manager into the required website fields when you are using the Banking and Payment Protection protected browser.
- How do Groups work?
When you add a new Web account or an App acount, you can right-click the account to Move it to a specific Group. There is a list of pre-determined Groups such as Email, Finance, and Shopping, and you can also create your own Group by clicking Add Group at the top of each window. When you want to remove a Group, highlight the one you want to remove and select Ungroup.
- How do I add extra data to a saved password?
Right-click the Web account or App account you want to change and click Edit. From here you can change the link, your login, and your password. If you want to make additional notes about an account, you can create a new Group, move the account to it, and add your notes to the Group title by right-clicking the title and selecting Edit.
- How do I enable two-factor authentication (2FA)?
Two-factor authentication, also called 2FA, is an additional layer of protection used to ensure the security of online accounts beyond just a username and password. With the latest version of ESET Password Manager, you have the option to enable 2FA for your account. After enabling 2FA, you will be asked to enter the PIN with your username and password when adding a new device under the existing account. Click here to view full instructions for how to set up 2FA with your ESET Password Manager account.
- How do I share a password or login information securely using Password Manager?
With the latest version of ESET Password Manager, you will have the option to share a password or login information securely using Sharing Center. Click here for full instructions to share a password or login using Sharing Center.
- What can I do with an expired license in ESET Password Manager?
You have to disconnect the password store from Password Manager web interface and assign it to a new license for your ESET Smart Security Premium. Click here to view full instructions for how to switch to a new license.
- Issue: The Password Manager module in the Setup > Security tools section of ESET Smart Security Premium is Non-functional after clicking Open Password Manager.
To resolve this issue:
- Disable the Password Manager module in ESET Smart Security Premium by clicking the red switch in Setup > Security tools. Click Disable permanently when prompted.
- Open Password Manager from the Windows Start menu or run the following application directly:
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Password Manager\pwm.exe
- Re-enable Password manager in Setup > Security tools.
- Issue: Your Password Manager status has changed to Non-functional in a recent update but you need to view your password.
To resolve this Known Issue, we recommend that you download the Password Manager application on a mobile device, either from Google Play or the Apple App Store. This allows you to view your password.
- Issue: The ESET Password Manager browser extension is not working.
This can occur for the following reasons:
- Issue: The ESET Password Manager browser extension is still present after uninstalling ESET Password Manager or ESET Smart Security Premium.
For instructions to remove ESET Password Manager extension from the browser manually, click the link for your browser below: