Install or upgrade ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus on a client workstation (6.x)
- Download and install ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus on client workstations
- Upgrade a 6.x ESET endpoint product to the latest version
Mac users: Click here for instructions
Click the appropriate link below to download the ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus installer file:
Which version (32- or 64-bit) should I download?
ESET Endpoint Security:
ESET Endpoint Antivirus:
- Always create a new folder for an installation package and Save or move the installer to this folder before running it.
Double-click the installer file you downloaded to launch the Setup Wizard. If you are using Windows User Account Control (UAC), you will be prompted by additional dialog boxes during installation. When prompted, confirm you want to install ESET and any associated device drivers.
- When the Setup Wizard opens, select the check box next to I want to uninstall unwanted antivirus applications using ESET AV Remover and click Continue.
- Click Continue to scan for and remove antivirus programs (this will help prevent software conflicts and ensure that your ESET product runs properly).
Read the ESET End User License Agreement and click Accept if you agree to the terms.
- ESET AV Remover will notify you if applications need to be removed. If no applications are found, click Continue to installation. If you need to remove an application, bookmark this article, return to it following a computer restart and then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the application. Continue from step 8 below when you are finished.
- Click Next.
- Read the ESET End User License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next if you agree.
We recommend you leave the check box next to Enable ESET Live Grid selected. Click Next to continue.
What is ESET Live Grid?
- In the Detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Install. If you decide later to change this setting, you are able to do so using Advanced setup.
- When installation is complete, you are prompted to activate your product. Type your license key into the blank field and click Activate. If you are upgrading from an earlier version where a Username and Password were used, convert them into a license key using ESET License Administrator. If you do not have your ESET-issued License Key (or Username and Password) click here to recover them.
- Click Done if activation is successful.
- ESET Endpoint Security users only: The New network connection detected window will be displayed. Select Home/work network if you are performing this installation in an office or home setting on a secure network. Only select Public network if you are traveling with your client computer and ESET Endpoint Security detects a new network in a public environment.