How do I use the ESET Online Scanner?
Scan your system using the ESET Online Scanner
"ESET stopped working” error
After opening ESET, the support form is visible but no other options are available
You have an empty ESET folder in the Start menu
- What's new
The latest version of ESET Online Scanner is the new generation of our well-known ESET Online Scanner. It is no longer dependent on Active X, which allows it to be completely browser independent.
Other new features of the new Online Scanner include:
- scan "autostart locations" – locations of programs started automatically when Windows starts
- scan boot sectors
- scan registry and clean malware surviving in registry (poweliks trojan)
- healing during restart of the operating system and subsequent re-scan of previously infected files
How do I run the Online Scanner?
Download ESET Online Scanner.
Double-click the.exe file you downloaded to run the installer.
You can select Download latest version of ESET Online Scanner to ensure that the latest version is installed even when using an older .exe file.
Select whether to enable the detection of potentially unwanted applications (PUA). You can modify the Advanced settings of the scanner to customize the scan (for example, to add or change scanned drives).
Click Scan to update your virus signature database and to start scanning.
- Scan progress is shown via the progress bar along with the path and title of file being scanned. The number of threats found is shown immediately. You can click Stop to terminate scanning at any time.
When the scan is finished, scan results are automatically displayed.
To delete all files and folders ESET Online Scanner created, select Delete application's data on close and then click Finish.
- Quarantined files will not be deleted. To restore quarantined files, see How do I restore files quarantined by the ESET Online Scanner?
- To delete all files and folders ESET Online Scanner created, select Delete application's data on close and then click Finish.
Click Advanced Settings in the Computer scan settings screen to customize your scan. For example, you can select specific scan targets or enable/disable detection of PUAs.
Expanding the Advanced settings section will reflect the default settings if no changes have been made.
Place your cursor on the information icon next to any option to view a tool tip with information about how to use the feature.
Click Change next to Current scan targets to add or remove drives to scan.