Stop or restart the ESET Remote Administrator Server service
- Stop or restart the ESET Remote Administrator Server (ERAS) service
- SC Error Code: 11 is returned when you attempt to push install
- You are resetting the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) login password (ERA version 5)
- You are troubleshooting the ERA Web Console (ERA version 6)
Restart the service on Windows systems
Linux users, click here.
- Click Start → Run, type services.msc and then click OK.
Windows Vista users: Click Start, type services.msc and press ENTER.
Windows Server users 2012: Click the Windows key + R, type services.msc and press ENTER.
Locate the ESET Remote Administrator Server service in the Services window, right-click it and select either Stop or Restart from the context menu.
Different Linux distributions use various commands to start and restart services. Some distributions provide GUI tools for this purpose (for example,
Most common commands for service management among Linux distributions are:
To restart the ERA Server on a Linux system, you must stop the service and then start it using commands such as the ones shown below:
systemctl start eraserver
systemctl stop eraserver
service eraserver start
service eraserver stop
These examples can be modified to
restart / start / stop other ERA services such as
eraagent, eramdmcore or
To view a list of running programs, run
htop (exit the program by typing
q). If you want to find out which era components are running, run
htop and then press the F3 key to search for the keyword
Root priviledges are required to run the command successfully. Use
sudo or login as root. For example:
sudo systemctl start eraserver