Add a trusted IP address to allow connection to a network device such as a computer or printer in ESET Remote Administrator (6.x)
If you are unable to connect to another computer or device, such as a printer on your network, you can add these devices to the trusted range of IP addresses defined on the computer you are trying to connect from.
Endpoint users: Perform these steps on individual client workstations
Open the ESET Remote Administrator Web Console.
- Click Admin → Policies → New policy (or Policies → Edit to edit an existing policy).
- Expand Settings and select ESET Endpoint for Windows from the product drop-down menu.
- Click Firewall, expand Advanced, select Automatic mode from the Filtering mode drop-down menu and then click Edit next to Zones.
- Select Trusted zone and click Edit.
- Type the trusted IP adress(es) in the Remote computer address field.
- Click Save and assign the policy to the designated host or group. The IP addresses used below are examples; you must enter the actual IP address of the computer/device that you are connecting to.