How do I back up my server using the ESET Remote Administrator Maintenance Tool? (5.x)
ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) includes the ESET Remote Administrator Maintenance Tool that can be used to maintain and back up a server. Backing up a server is an important step in the process of migrating ERA and client workstations to a new server. To create a backup of your server using the ESET Remote Administrator Maintenance Tool, follow the steps below:
- Open the Start Menu and click All programs → ESET → ESET Remote Administrator Server → ESET Remote Administrator Maintenance Tool.
- In the ERA Maintenance Tool window, click Next twice.
- In the Maintenance Task section, select Database backup (to an external dump file) and click Next.
- In the Database connection properties section, click Load current server configuration (default is MS Access).
- Click Test connection to ensure that your network connection is functioning properly. When prompted, click OK.
- Click Save settings to file and save the configuration file to a location of your choice. Click Next.
- In the Dump file window, specify where to save the dump file. Click Next.
- Click Start. When the backup completes, click OK → Close → Finish.