Error downloading the update file in ESET Remote Administrator Server (5.x)
- You are completing the Update Mirror Troubleshooting Checklist
- You receive the error message when attempting to update the virus signature database
- Virus signature database updates hang at 0%
- The "Update now" button is unresponsive
Solution 1: Clear the Mirror and update files on the server
Right-click Start and select Explore from the context menu. Navigate to and delete the contents of the following folders:
Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\Updfiles
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\Charon
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\Mirror
- C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\updfiles
- C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\charon
- C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\mirror
Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console by clicking Start→All Programs→ ESET→ ESET Remote Administrator Console→ ESET Remote Administrator Console. In the ESET Remote Administrator Console menu, click Tools → Server Options.
Click the Updates tab, select the check box next to Clear Update Cache and then click Update Now. Click OK once the updates are finished downloading.
You can either force an update to your clients immediately or allow them to check for updates as normal.
If ESET Remote Administrator Server still fails to update after performing this procedure, continue to solution 2 below.
Solution 2: Restart the ESET Remote Administrator Server service
Click Start → Run, enter
services.mscand then click OK.
Select the ESET Remote Administrator Server service, click Restart and then click OK.
Click the image to view larger in new window
Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console by clicking Start→All Programs→ ESET→ ESET Remote Administrator Console→ ESET Remote Administrator Console.
Click Tools→ Server Options, click the Update tab and then click Update now. You should now be able to receive new virus signature database updates.
If the issue persists, send a clear client's update cache configuration task to the endpoint. For step-by-step instructions, see the following Knowledgebase article:
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please email ESET Technical Support.