What is the difference between ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security?
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
ESET NOD32 Antivirus uses the ThreatSense scanning engine to protect your computer(s) against malicious code. It uses advanced scanning techniques to proactively block viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, adware and rootkits without slowing down your computer.
- For customers looking for straightforward antivirus protection for their computer(s)
- For customers who do not need a Personal firewall or antispam protection
ESET Smart Security
ESET Smart Security is an integrated security suite that uses the same scanning techniques as ESET NOD32 Antivirus, but with the added protection of a Personal firewall, Proactive Anti-theft to assist you in locating a lost or stolen device and an Antispam module which monitors network traffic, Internet usage and email communications to keep your system safe.
- For customers who do not have separate antispam software installed
- For customers who do not use a hardware or software firewall of any sort
- For customers who's devices are exposed to the risk of physical theft or loss