Configure the ESET Personal firewall to allow media streaming to Xbox or PlayStation
This article applies to the following products:
- ESET Internet Security
- ESET Smart Security
- ESET Smart Security Premium
- Issue with streaming media (music, video, pictures, etc.) from your PC to an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 on your network
For a list of other devices that may be affected, expand the Details section below.
Other devices that may be affected:
- Ceton InfiniTV
- SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME
You must ensure that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocols are allowed by the ESET Personal firewall.
Open your Windows ESET product. How do I open my ESET product?
Press the F5 key on your keyboard to access the Advanced setup window.
- Click Personal Firewall and expand Advanced. Click Edit next to IDS and advanced options.
Version 9.x: Click Personal Firewall and expand Basic. Click Edit next to IDS and advanced options.
- Expand Allowed Services and verify that the slider bar is selected to Allow UPNP for system services in the Trusted zone. Click OK to confirm your changes and then close the main program window. Your media should now stream freely from your PC to your networked gaming console.