How do I configure ESET Smart Security to allow media streaming to my Xbox or PlayStation?KB Solution ID: KB2317|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
- Issue with streaming media (music, video, pictures, etc.) from your PC to an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 on your network
For a list of other devices that may be affected, expand the Details section below.
Other devices that may be affected:
- Ceton InfiniTV
- SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME
You must ensure that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocols are allowed by the ESET Smart Security Personal firewall.
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard to access the Advanced setup window.
- Expand Network → Personal firewall and click IDS and advanced options.
- Expand Allowed services and select the check box next to Allow UPNP for system services in the Trusted zone. Click OK to confirm your changes and then close the main program window. Your media should now stream freely from your PC to your networked gaming console.
Click the image to view larger in new window