Microsoft Windows XP end of support and ESET products
- Since 8 April 2014, Microsoft no longer provides system updates for Windows XP users
- ESET is committed to providing support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ESET business products installed on the Microsoft Windows XP operating system
ESET support for business products running on Windows XP
ESET is committed to maintaining support for customers with ESET products installed on the Windows XP operating system and will continue to offer the following services during the support period:
- Regular detection engine updates for the latest threats
- Constant updates to other parts of the antivirus engine such as the proactive detection module. This may not include new detection technology that requires new product versions to work properly.
- Support requests received by ESET technical support
Upgrade for free to the latest version of your ESET product
Please note that while your service from ESET will not change, your system protection might not be up to par with our latest products as some of our newest detection technology will be impossible to backport. Also, your system could become more vulnerable to threats because it will no longer receive regular system updates from Microsoft. Regular system updates are used to repair exploits and patch existing security vulnerabilities.
- To maintain the highest level of security, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system or move your important data onto a computer with a more current operating system.
- We recommend that you use the latest supported version of your ESET product to maintain the highest degree of protection possible with the Windows XP operating system.
Upgrade to Windows XP Service Pack 3
When installing ESET products on Windows XP, the error message "ESET Smart Security / ESET NOD32 Antivirus can not be installed on your operating system" might be displayed. Install Service Pack 3 for Windows XP to allow installation of the ESET product you want to install. For more information and installation instructions see Windows XP Service Pack 3.
For more information
Visit the following ESET blog posts to learn more about how the end of support for Windows XP might affect you: