After contacting ESET support, you might be asked to create a remote session with ESET customer support representative using the SolarWinds Take Control software.
SolarWinds Take Control is a very effective tool for providing technical support to clients, especially in complicated cases. SolarWinds Take Control is an application for remote administration via the Internet. It enables a technical support representative to work with a customer remote desktop and transfer files between both computers.
After careful evaluation and with your consent, ESET technical support staff can utilize SolarWinds Take Control to connect to your computer and solve the issue you are having.
To start a new session with ESET technical support representative, follow these steps:
YOU HAVE DECIDED TO ASK ESET, SPOL. S R.O. (further only "ESET") TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF FOR REMOTE ASSISTANCE. BEFORE THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT TRIES TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, YOU MUST INSTALL A PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS REMOTE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE PROVISION OF REMOTE TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
REMOTE TECHNICAL SUPPORT CANNOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT INSTALLING SPECIALIZED SOFTWARE AND IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS BELOW.
- By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge that remote intervention may in some cases cause data and/or software corruption on your computer. Therefore, ESET explicitly warns to back up the data from your computer before performing technical support remotely. ESET will require a declaration from you that you have performed a backup of your computer data, before providing technical support remotely. If you do not back up your data, you run the possibility of irretrievable loss of such data. Without your declaration of data backup, remote technical assistance will not be executed. Given the fact that you have been forewarned about the possibility of data loss, and that you were required to back up data before providing technical support remotely, ESET will not be liable for any loss of data that results from your false statements.
- After installing the SolarWinds Take Control client program, it will be possible to create a secure and encrypted channel, which connects the ESET support technician to your computer. This channel can be interrupted any time by any of the communicating parties (by you or ESET). ESET warns that if you interrupt the communication during the session, it may cause your computer to malfunction.
- SolarWinds Take Control client program manufacturer provides its software free of charge and is not responsible for any consequences resulting from its use or its errors.
- ESET technical support staff are familiar with the functions of the SolarWinds Take Control client program.
- ESET must explicitly point out that even while maintaining the utmost care, the possibility of material or non-material damages, in connection with remote technical assistance, cannot be ruled out completely. Such damage may result from failure of the connection between your computer and ESET technical support, the compounding effects of computer infiltrations, software, hardware and other factors.
- For the technical support representative to be able to connect to your computer, it is required that you click the GET SUPPORT button.
- You will be prompted to download an installation file called ESETsupport.exe. Save the file to your Desktop.
Note: In some cases your web browser will automatically download the file to your Downloads folder.
- When download is finished, run the downloaded file from your Desktop.
- When prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
- If you have not read Terms of service, you can read it now. By selecting the check box next to I have read and accept the terms of service and clicking ACCEPT, a new SolarWinds Take Control session will start.
- The technical support representative will connect to your computer and perform necessary actions to identify and solve the issue. You can chat directly with the technical support representative from the SolarWinds Take Control client.
- Finally, the technical support representative will end the session by disconnecting from your computer. You can now delete the ESETsupport.exe file downloaded on your Desktop.