What's new in ESET version 10 home products
ESET has released version 10 of its home products, as well as two new products.
The following table lists the released version 10 home products:
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
ESET Internet Security (New)
|ESET Smart Security *||10.1.219.0|
|ESET Smart Security Premium||10.1.219.0|
The two new products ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium include many new features such as script-based attack protection, webcam protection, home network protection, password manager and secure data. Continue reading below for an overview of the new and improved features.
- Script-Based Attack Protection—Proactively protects you from dynamic script-based attacks and non-traditional malware attacks.
- Webcam Protection—Controls processes and applications that access your computer's webcam.
- Home Network Protection—Protects your computers from incoming network threats.
- Ransomware protection—Ransomware protection is another layer of protection that works as a part of HIPS feature.
- ESET Password Manager—Allows you to store, organize and share passwords, credit card numbers and other sensitive information using the industry standard AES-256 technology. All you need to remember is your master password.
- ESET Secure Data—Secures your removable media using certified encryption algorithms (FIPS 140-2).
* ESET Smart Security 10 is only available by renewal for existing ESET Smart Security users.
Version 10 has native support of 64-bit code and is compatible with Windows 10 and its new security features.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista
- Microsoft® Windows® Home Server 2011 64-bit
Detects attacks by malicious scripts that try to exploit Windows PowerShell. You can specify rules for system registry, active processes and programs to fine-tune your security plan.
For more information including compatible browsers and other system requirements, see the Script-Based Attacks Protection topic.
Constantly monitors and alerts you to all the processes and applications on your computer that unexpectedly try to access your webcam, and lets you block them.
Allows you to test your home router for vulnerabilities (for example, a hacked router) and offers you options for fixing. Home Network Protection also provides you with an easy-to-access list of connected devices, with devices categorized by type (for example, smartphone, IoT, etc.), to show you who is connected.
Ransomware protection monitors the behavior of applications and processes that try to modify your personal data. If an application's behavior is considered malicious or reputation-based scanning shows an application to be suspicious, the application is blocked or you will be asked to allow or deny it.
ESET Password Manager allows you to store, organize and share passwords, credit card numbers and other sensitive information.
ESET Password Manager is currently available as desktop applications for Windows (Vista and later) and macOS (OS X 10.8 and later). ESET Smart Security Premium customers will receive an email notification of the availability of the upcoming iOS and Android mobile apps when they are released to the Apple App Store and Google Play.
ESET Secure Data allows you to create encrypted directories on removable drives.
- After encrypting your drive using ESET Secure Data, if you connect your removable drive to a computer where ESET Secure Data is not installed, the encrypted folder will not be visible.
- If the removable drive is connected to a computer with ESET Secure Data installed, you will be prompted to enter the password to decrypt the removable drive. If no password is entered, the encrypted folder will be visible, but not accessible.
For more information, see the Secure Data Getting Started Online Help topic.