- New features in ESET PROTECT 9.0
- Important information about upgrading to the latest version of ESET PROTECT
ESET PROTECT 9 was released on October 28, 2021, and includes many new and improved features.
ESET also offers ESET PROTECT Cloud, see ESET PROTECT Cloud Online Help.
What's new | Upgrade instructions | System requirements | Known Issues | Support resources | Changelog
See the list of all components versions.
What's new in ESET PROTECT 9
ESET PROTECT 9 is an enterprise-grade security management solution providing visibility, management, and reporting across all operating systems.
The list below contains information about the major changes in ESET PROTECT version 9:
New dashboard for ESET LiveGuard Advanced—For customers with an ESET LiveGuard Advanced license, a new dashboard shows useful information and statistics related to the analyzed items in ESET LiveGuard Advanced. Customers without an ESET LiveGuard Advanced license will see the dashboard with global statistics.
Sidebar for Computers and Detections—With one click, see the details of a single Computer or Detection directly from the Computers or Detections section with a new preview sidebar.
Auto-updates—ESET PROTECT now supports automatic updates of Endpoint devices. (Requires ESET PROTECT 9.0 or ESET PROTECT Cloud with ESET Endpoint products 9.0.)
Brute Force Attack protection—Added a new layer of security with Brute Force Attack protection (Requires ESET PROTECT 9.0 or ESET PROTECT Cloud with ESET Endpoint products 9.0.)
System requirements and supported operating systems for ESET PROTECT 9
Click the appropriate link below to view details about system requirements and supported operating systems:
Visit our Knowledgebase article for the known issues in the latest version of ESET PROTECT.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to install the latest version of ESET PROTECT?
Visit our Knowledgebase content for instructions on how to set up ESET PROTECT.
ESET PROTECT 9 does not support upgrading from ERA, only from ESMC version 7.0 and later.
How to upgrade ESMC 7.x to the latest version of ESET PROTECT?
Visit our Knowledgebase content for instructions on upgrade ESMC to ESET PROTECT.
How to upgrade ERA version 5 or 6.5 or ESMC 7.x to ESET PROTECT version 8.1?
Visit our Online Help topic to view the upgrade, migration, and reinstallation procedures.
Which version of ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) or ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) can you upgrade to ESET PROTECT?
Determine which version of ERA or ESMC you can migrate or upgrade to.
Available support resources
ESET provides support in the form of User Guides, fully localized application help, online Knowledgebase, and chat, email, or phone support if available in your region.
Build version 1.0.1383 (Windows), 1.0.2310 (Linux)
Released: April 28, 2022
- FIXED: MirrorTool downloads ESET Endpoint 6 modules from the ESET Endpoint 6.6 folder, allowing updates of newer ESET Endpoint 6 versions and using DLL modules
- FIXED: MirrorTool fails with "--mirrorFileFormat dll" on ESET Endpoint 6
- FIXED: Mirror chain linking fails with: Error: GetFile: Host 'update.eset.com' not found [error code: 20002]
- FIXED: MirrorTool v1.0.2226.0 ignores proxy setting for downloading product list
Apache HTTP Proxy
Build version: 184.108.40.206
Released: March 31, 2022
- FIXED: Apache HTTP Proxy replaced with the latest version due to discovered vulnerabilities in the earlier version
Build version 220.127.116.11. See the list of all components versions.
Released: March 31, 2022
- FIXED: Apache HTTP Proxy (v 18.104.22.168) replaced with newer version (v 22.214.171.124) due to discovered vulnerabilities in the earlier version
- FIXED: Update OpenSSL to 1.1.1n due to security vulnerabilities
Build version 126.96.36.199. See the list of all components versions.
Released: January 19, 2022
- FIXED: Apache HTTP Proxy (v 188.8.131.52) replaced with the latest version (v 184.108.40.206) due to discovered vulnerabilities in the earlier version
Build version 220.127.116.11. See the list of all components versions.
Released: December 7, 2021
- FIXED: Apache HTTP Proxy (v 18.104.22.168) replaced with the latest version (v 22.214.171.124) due to discovered vulnerabilities in the earlier version
Build version 126.96.36.199. See the list of all components versions.
Released: November 8, 2021
- Fixed: Specific tasks are re-triggered after an upgrade to the latest version of ESET PROTECT
Build version 188.8.131.52. See the list of all components versions.
Released: October 28, 2021
- ADDED: Support for Automatic Product Updates (available from Windows Endpoint version 9.0)
- ADDED: New ESET LiveGuard Advanced dashboard
- ADDED: Computer preview - by clicking on computer name will be displayed side panel with the most important computer details
- ADDED: Detections preview - by clicking on detection type will be displayed side panel with the most important detection details
- ADDED: Management for brute-force attack protection (available from Windows Endpoint version 9.0)
- ADDED: Indicator of last connection status of managed computer (connected in last replication interval)
- ADDED: New column Logged users in Computers table
- ADDED: System updates management for Android
- ADDED: Ability to create a new trigger in client task details
- ADDED: Windows OS build number is reported as a separate symbol (for example, in a Dynamic group)
- ADDED: List of submitted files (ESET LiveGuard Advanced) in Computer details, Detection and Quarantine section
- ADDED: New product categories in Product version status section on Status Overview
- ADDED: Full path to a computer in received notifications
- ADDED: Possibility disable the triggering of notifications for muted computers
- ADDED: Support for Java 17
- ADDED: New EEI-specific permission "Remote Shell Access"
- CHANGED: Existing ESET LiveGuard Advanced dashboard name change
- CHANGED: Reducing and re-organizing columns in the Computers section
- CHANGED: Triggers for server tasks and client tasks with frequencies less than 15 minutes will not be allowed
- CHANGED: More granular communication of managed applications versions
- IMPROVED: ESET LiveGuard Advanced perception (added information of what was originally detected by ESET LiveGuard Advanced)
- IMPROVED: Operating system update - allowing the user to postpone the required reboot
- IMPROVED: Operating system update task accessible not only from context menu over a group but also over a single device
- IMPROVED: Proactive communication of 2FA mechanisms in ESET PROTECT and its usability improvements
- IMPROVED: Remember a device when 2FA is enabled (Users do not need to put the second-factor authentication in the next login of a specific device)
- IMPROVED: Visually distinguish locked policies in policies and computer details screens (padlock icon)
- IMPROVED: When users create new permission sets, some checkboxes may be unavailable (users cannot enable a higher permission set than the user has)
- IMPROVED: Automatically select newly created permission set when creating a new user
- IMPROVED: Basic support of installer file caching in script-based Agent Live Installers
- IMPROVED: Date and Time displayed in format according to language
- IMPROVED: Updated cipher suite configuration for Tomcat
- IMPROVED: Faster displaying of the planned flag on client tasks also after assigning to the significant amount of targets
- IMPROVED: The enrollment link is visible below the QR code, and the user can copy it in the enrollment wizard
- IMPROVED: New version of LogCollector in Management Agent
- IMPROVED: A user or a computer can only be assigned to 200 users or computers in one operation to retain adequate service responsiveness
- FIXED: Actions in the context menu for devices were disabled incorrectly (Enable ESET LiveGuard Advanced, Network Isolation)
- FIXED: Licenses without an expiration date (for example, subscription licenses) were counted as expired in the Status Overview
- FIXED: "Title" in the properties of the exported PDF report
- FIXED: Triggers - infinite loading in some cases when the user changes trigger type
- FIXED: Unwanted machines moved during computers import
- FIXED: Missing notification about scheduled restart (macOS – osascript)
- FIXED: Server Settings: ADD FILTER button is not working in the pop-up
- FIXED: Custom headers of scheduled reports are not applied
- FIXED: MSP customer setup fails if CA cert is not accessible and the user has no RW access on certificates
- FIXED: Licenses without expiration date are counted as expired
- FIXED: In case the generated PDF report contains a double-byte character in the name, the Title property might be garbled
- FIXED: License is randomly changed when the software install task is edited
- FIXED: Notifications - Message preview is not displaying properly
- FIXED: Email sender is leaking ntlm_auth zombie processes upon each NTLM authentication attempt
- FIXED: macOS Big Sur, specific protections statuses are missing in dynamic groups and report templates
- FIXED: Multiple sorting does not sort correctly
- FIXED: Performance issue when deleting a large number of exclusions
- FIXED: Various other bug fixes, security, and performance improvements
- REMOVED: Technical support for old products (ERA Proxy, ESLC, VAH, EVSA, NSX)