What's new in ESET version 12 home products
The following table lists the released version 12 home products:
* ESET Smart Security is no longer available and has been replaced by ESET Internet Security. If you use ESET Smart Security, click here for information about upgrading for free to ESET Internet Security.
Click here for a list of features available in ESET home products. Continue reading below for an overview of the new and improved features.
- Referral program—The Referral program allows users to recommend ESET products to friends and family.
- Security Report—The Security Report provides users with real-time statistics about how your ESET home product keeps you protected.
- UEFI Scanner—Proactive scanning that runs in the background and only notifies you if a problem is detected.
- License Manager—New feature added to my.eset.com that allows you to view and manage your licenses and connected devices.
Version 12 has native support of 64-bit code and is compatible with Windows 10 and the new Windows security features.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista
- Microsoft® Windows® Home Server 2011 64-bit
The Referral program is a new feature in version 12 home products that allows users to share ESET products with friends and family. Trial users who share referral links with friends and family will receive a trial license extension for each referral link that is used to download the product by their friend or family member. Users who receive the referral links can download ESET home products with an extended license duration. For North American ESET customers, the license extension received is for 30 days. New trial users will be able to use the product for free for 60 days.
For more information, see the Online Help topic Referring ESET product to a friend.
The Security Report provides comprehensive statistics of the security categories ESET uses to keep you protected.
Security Report also displays real-time global virus information using a map of the world. You can activate the following security features from Security report to strengthen your protection:
- Password Manager
- Secure Data
- Parental Control
For more information about Security Report, see the Online Help topic Security Report.
The UEFI Scanner runs in the background and only notifies you if a problem is detected.
The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware. Similar to BIOS, it runs during device start-up when a device is restarted or turned-on.
The ESET UEFI Scanner adds an additional protection layer against UEFI bootkits by scanning for malware in firmware.
For more information about UEFI, see the WeLiveSecurity.com post Malware in firmware: how to exploit a false sense of security.
ESET License Manager
View the status of your licenses and connected devices with the ability to manage user devices, license activation and deactivation (transfer licenses to new devices), license sharing and renewals.
For instructions on how to use ESET License Manager, see the article How to use ESET License Manager.