Deploy ESET Endpoint product for Mac to replace SCEP for macOS
We recommend migrating to an ESET endpoint product as soon as possible, due to the following reasons:
- System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) will not be supported after December 31, 2018 and will not receive updates after March 2019.
- SCEP for Mac does not support macOS 10.14 (Mojave). ESET endpoint products 6.6 and later support macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Apple has announced that they will no longer support 32-bit applications in macOS. SCEP for Mac is not a native 64-bit application. ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security 6.6 and later are 64-bit applications.
- SCEP for Mac uses ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition (v4) technology. ESET endpoint products offer the most current protection technologies ESET provides.
- Create an ESET Endpoint product installation package to deploy to your endpoint computers and replace the existing System Center Endpoint Protection using a third-party deployment tool (such as System Center Configuration Manager).
- We recommend that you do not uninstall System Center Endpoint Protection before installing your ESET Endpoint product. The ESET Endpoint product will use the settings already in place from your System Center Endpoint Protection.
- For additional information about ESET Endpoint Security for MacOS, visit our Online Help documentation.
- For additional information about ESET Endpoint Antivirus for MacOS, visit our Online Help documentation.
- Download ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus. Select your language and click Download to download the installation file below:
- Download the ESET add_token tool to attach the ESET license to the installer package. Save the add_token tool in the same directory as the ESET Endpoint product installation file.
Make the add_token tool executable by running the
chmod +x .add_tokencommand in the terminal.
In the terminal, run the command:
./add_token ees_osx_en_0.pkg "1111-1111-1111-1111-1111"Run the command in the directory where you saved the installation file and the add_token file. Replace 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111 with your ESET License Key. Replace ees_osx_en_0.pkg with your installation file name.
- Your license is now attached to your ESET endpoint product installation file. The ESET endpoint deployment package is ready to deploy your ESET endpoint product to the computers in your network to replace System Center Endpoint Protection.
- For instructions to deploy your ESET endpoint product for MacOS using SCCM, visit this Microsoft TechNet article.
- For illustrated instructions to perform a clean installation of ESET Endpoint Security for Mac, visit our Knowledgebase article.
- Deploy ESET business products to your computers using ESET Security Management Center. For more information about ESET Security Management Center, visit our documentation.
- For more information about ESET Endpoint Security for MacOS, visit our documentation.