ESET Cloud Administrator—what's new?
- New features in ESET Cloud Administrator
ESET Cloud Administrator (ECA) was released September 26, 2018.
ESET Cloud Administrator (ECA) is a cloud-based management console (offered as a service) allowing centralized management of select ESET products. ESET Cloud Administrator allows you to manage your company’s network security without the need to buy, install or maintain additional hardware.
Using the ECA Web Console, you can deploy ESET products, manage tasks, enforce security policies, monitor system status, report on security incidents and quickly respond to problems or threats on remote computers.
Below are some of the important new features in the currently released version of ESET Cloud Administrator:
- Incident Overview dashboard—The new Incident Overview dashboard includes several new types of graphs and informational displays, and allows you to navigate directly to threats with one click.
- Hardware inventory—The ECA Agent collects information about installed hardware from Windows and Mac endpoints (such as display, display adapters, peripheral devices, audio devices, printers, network adapters, storage drives, etc.), and you can include this information in reports as well.
Notifications—You can now edit multiple notifications at once (for example: define users, enable, set timezone, set monitored static group).
Use local lists—Ability to append/prepend local lists (exclusion or rules, etc.) by users via policy setting.
Group policy (GPO) deployment—From the ECA Web Console, you can use GPO to deploy ESET products (Windows operating system only).
Automatic threat resolution—The latest version of ECA will automatically mark handled threats (cleaned, deleted, cleaned by deletion) as resolved.
Log Collector—You can request logs from the Logs → Log Collector tab and the logs are available for download directly from the ECA Web Console.
- New and improved wizards—Added new wizards to "Remove computer from management" and create "New Task", and improved the report creation wizard.
The primary tasks to administer and manage ESET products are simplified using the ESET cloud components:
- Create ESET Business Account (EBA)
- Import license to EBA
- Activate ESET Cloud Administrator
- Create Live Installer package
- Deploy the installer
- Manage computers
ESET Cloud Administrator is able to deploy, activate and manage the following ESET products using a License Key:
|ESET product||Product version|
|ESET Endpoint Security for Windows||6.5+|
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows||6.5+|
|ESET Endpoint Security for OS X||6.4+|
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for OS X||6.4+|
|ESET File Security for Windows Server||6.x+|
|ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange||6.x+|
|ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint||6.x+|
|ESET Mail Security for IBM Domino Server||6.x+|
For the most up-to-date list of supported products, see the Online Help topic Supported Web browsers and ESET security products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about ESET Cloud Administrator:
I am a current ECA Early Access user, why did my ECA Agents stop connecting to my ECA instance?
If you are a current ECA Early Access user and your endpoints are no longer connecting, you must upgrade the ECA Mangement Agent on your endpoints. Visit the Knowledgebase article What to expect during the roll-out phase of ESET Cloud Administrator.
How to upgrade ECA components to the latest version?
See the Online Help topic Upgrade Agent.
Can I deploy ECA Live Installer (ESET products) remotely?
The ESET Remote Deployment Tool allows you to execute an ECA Live Installer created by ECA to deploy the ECA Agent and ESET Security Product remotely. See Remote deployment for more information.
See the following Online Help topic for Known Issues in the current version of ECA: Known Issues in ESET Cloud Administrator
Getting started with ESET Cloud Administrator (ECA) - Windows
- ESET Cloud Administrator Online Help contains comprehensive reference information for system settings, configurations, installation scenarios and more.