Deploy the ESET Remote Administrator Agent (6.x)
The ESET Remote Administrator Agent (ERA Agent) facilitates communication between client computers, other ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) components such as ERA Proxy Server, and the ERA Server. ERA Agent must be installed on all client computers where other ESET Remote Administrator components or ESET Endpoint products are installed.
Getting Started with ERA: Step 4 of 6
The ERA Agent can be installed using Local Deployment or Remote Deployment. Read the descriptions below and then click the appropriate link to view step-by-step instructions:
- All-in-one installer (Windows only): Download the ERA Agent and your ESET security product in the same package.
- Agent Live Installer: Client computers receive a pre-configured Live Installer package from the ERA Server in the form of a batch (.bat) file. The admin or user runs the batch file to download and install ERA Agent. This is the suggested method for small to medium-sized networks.
- Download Agent from ESET website: Manually download the ERA Agent on your client computer and choose from a Server-assisted or Offline installation.
- Use GPO or SCCM for deployment: Distribute the ERA Agent for enterprise environments or environments with a high number of client computers.
- Server Task Agent installation: Use the ERA Web Console to locate unmanaged computers, execute a server task, and silently install the ERA Agent on clients. This is the suggested method for enterprise applications.
- Deployment tool: It is a convenient way to distribute the ERA Agent together with an ESET product on client computers. It enables you to use custom created installers. ESET Remote Deployment Tool is dedicated to deploy ERA Agent to client computers with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
If you are performing a new installation of ERA, proceed to Step 5, deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers.