Install ESET Mobile Security for Android from an APK file
- You purchased your ESET Mobile Security product from eset.com
- You were directed by Technical Support to download the APK installer file
If you downloaded the installer (.apk file) to your computer, transfer it to your Android device using Bluetooth or USB. If you downloaded the installer directly to your Android device, continue to step 3.
- Press and hold the installer file link. Tap OK → Open.
- If you see the unknown apps installation warning, tap Settings and tap the slider bar next to Allow from this source. (If you already have unknown sources enabled, skip to step 5)
- Tap Install. If you are using Android 5, tap Next three times, then tap Install.
- Tap Install when you are ready to continue.
- Tap Open.
- Select your desired language and country and tap Next. By tapping Next, you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement.
- Select your preference for ESET LiveGrid, and the Customer Experience Improvement Program and then tap Next.
- Review the information and tap Continue in the Allow access screen and tap Allow. If you do not tap Allow, your installation will not continue. If you receive the "Screen overlay detected" message, you must resolve the permissions settings issue before you continue with the steps in this article.
Tap Select your email address.
- If you already purchased a license, select the email address you entered when purchasing ESET Mobile Security. If you purchased your license through Google Play, select your gmail account. This is the email address that will receive password reset emails from ESET if you forget your security password and need to unlock your device.
- Tap OK.
To use a different email address without adding the email account to your device, tap Next.
- Tap Cancel.
- Type your email address in the Email field.
If you already purchased a license, select the email address you entered when purchasing ESET Mobile Security. This is the email address that will receive password reset emails from ESET if you forget your security password and need to unlock your device.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Start first scan to start scanning your device for malicious software and to close the Setup Wizard.
If you have purchased a license, activate ESET Mobile Security for Android.
- Once ESET Mobile Security is activated, Configure Anti-Theft protection and add a Trusted Friend to your device. You can use a Trusted friend's device and your enabled Anti-Theft account to help you reset your Security password and restore access to your device if you forget or lose your Security password.