Install ESET Mobile Security for Android from an APK file
- You purchased your ESET Mobile Security product from eset.com
- You were directed by Technical Support to download the APK installer file
Download and install ESET Mobile Security from an APK file
If you downloaded the installer (.apk file) to your computer, transfer it to your Android device using Bluetooth or USB. If you downloaded the installer directly to your Android device, continue to step 3.
- Tap the installer file. Tap Install when you are ready to continue.
- Click Settings. (If you already have unknown sources enabled, skip to step 7)
- Tap the check box next to Unknown sources.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Install. If you are using Android 5, tap Next three times, then tap Install.
- Tap Open.
- Select your desired language and country and tap Accept. By tapping Accept, you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement.
- Review the information and tap Accept in the User consent window.
- Tap Next.
- In the Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and tap Next.
- Review the permissions for ESET Mobile Security and tap Continue when you are ready. Tap Allow twice. If you do not tap Allow, your installation will not continue. If you receive the "Screen overlay detected" message, you must resolve the permission settings issue before you continue with the steps in this article.
- Select your email address.
If you already purchased a license, select the email address you entered when purchasing ESET Mobile Security. If you purchased your license through Google Play, select your gmail account. This is the email address that will receive password reset emails from ESET if you forget your security password and need to unlock your device.
- Tap OK.
To use a different email address without adding the email account to your device, tap Next.
- Tap Cancel.
- Type your email address in the Email field.
If you already purchased a license, select the email address you entered when purchasing ESET Mobile Security. This is the email address that will receive password reset emails from ESET if you forget your security password and need to unlock your device.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Start first scan to start scanning your device for malicious software and close the Setup Wizard.
If you have purchased a license, activate ESET Mobile Security for Android.
- Once ESET Mobile Security is activated, Configure Anti-Theft protection and add a Trusted Friend to your device. You can use a Trusted friend's device and your enabled Anti-Theft account to help you reset your Security password and restore access to your device if you forget or lose your Security password .