Exclude an application by name from scanning in ESET Windows home products
- You want to exclude an application from scanning using the application name
Before proceeding, you will need to identify the name of the application that you are excluding. The application will have been identified as a threat by your ESET product, for example a Potentially unwanted application (PUA). Therefore, the application name will be referred to as the threat name in this article.
- To find the exact threat name, find the log file that contains the threat you want to exclude.
- Press the F5 key to access Advanced setup.
- Click Detection Engine. Next to Files and folders to be excluded from scanning, click Edit.
- Click Add.
- Select Exclude threat from the drop-down menu next to Type. In theThreat name field, type @Name= and paste the threat name copied from the log file in step 2. Type * in the Path mask field. Click OK.
- Click Save → OK to save your changes and exit Advanced setup.
The application is now excluded from scanning.