Exclude an application by name from scanning in ESET Windows home products
- You need to exclude an application from scanning using the application name
- To find the exact threat name, find the log file that contains the threat you want to exclude and copy the threat name from the Detection column.
- Press the F5 key to access Advanced setup.
- Click Detection Engine → Edit next to Files and folders to be excluded from scanning.
- From the drop-down menu next to Type, select Exclude threat. In the Threat name field, type @Name= and paste the threat name copied from the log file in step 2. In the Path mask field, type * and click OK.
- Click Save → OK to save your changes and exit Advanced setup.
The application is now excluded from scanning.