How to import a password store if you forgot your Master Password for ESET Password Manager
- You forgot your Master Password for ESET Password Manager
- You want to import a previously exported password store backup (.spdb or .xml)
Your ESET Password Manager Master Password is known only to you and ESET does not save it on our servers or send it over the internet. If you forget or lose your Master Password, it cannot be resent to you and you will lose access to your existing password store.
You can import the .spdb or .xml from a backup using a new email address (only one email can be used with a password store) and then set a new Master Password. To import a password store backup if you forgot your Master Password, follow the instructions below:
Open your Windows ESET product. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Setup → Security tools.
- Click the gear icon next to Password Manager and select Reset all passwords. Click Reset on the confirmation screen.
Restart your computer and open ESET Smart Security Premium.
- Click Setup → Security Tools, click the gear icon next to Password Manager and select Manage accounts.
- In the appropriate fields, type your License Key and the email you used to purchase your product and then click Manage license.
- Click the check box next to the Password Store that you want to disconnect and click Disconnect selected.
- Click Disconnect when you are asked to confirm your selection.
- Open ESET Smart Security Premium, click Setup → Security Tools and then click Start now.
- Click New password store.
- Type in a new email address that you want to associate with this password store (you cannot use the same email address you used for the first password store). In the new master password field, type in a new Master Password, and then click Continue.
- Type in your new Master Password again, select the check box to acknowledge that you read the "Important Warning" and then click Confirm.
- Click the gear icon and select Open password Manager.
- Click ESET Password Manager exported data and then click Next.
Navigate to the .spdb or .xml file created when you created the backup from your original Password store.
- Select Import All and then click Close when the data import finishes.
You now have access to all of your saved passwords.