Getting started with ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) - Linux
Complete each prerequisite before proceeding to step 2. Refer to the ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Online Help guide for the appropriate terminal commands for each package described below.
- Have the License Key included in the new purchase email you received from ESET ready. I lost my License Key.
- Verify your server and workstation operating systems are ESET compatible.
- Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software.
On your intended ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Server machine:
- Verify all required ports are open and available.
- Install Java Runtime Environment and ensure Java is updating correctly.
- ODBC Driver (unixODBC_23 package).
- Database server (MySQL) must be installed, accessible from your ERA Server and running.
The sever installation file must be set as an executable using the following terminal command:
chmod +x Server-Linux-x86_64.sh
- The minimum supported version of openSSL (openssl-1.0.1e-30).
- Xvfb for proper report printing on Linux Server systems without a graphical interface.
- Cifs-utils for proper Agent deployment to a Windows OS.
- Kinit + klist
- If Active Directory is used on the ERA Server, a proper Kerberos configuration (/etc/krb5.conf).
- Qt4 WebKit libraries (version 4.8), Ldapsearch, Wbinfo + ntlm auth, Snmptrap, and an SELinux devel package.
Install ESET Remote Aministrator Server for Linux. When ERA Server is installed, continue to Step 3 below.
Add client computers to the ESET Remote Administrator. Once you have successfully added all client computers, continue to Step 4 below.
Small-to-medium businesses: Follow our deployment instructions for client operating system(s) in your network:
Enterprise Deployment: Many large networks use GPO or SCCM, see our instructions to deploy ERA Agent to your network using one of these methods.
Once you have successfully deployed the ERA Agent to all endpoints, continue to Step 5 below.
Deploy ESET endpoint products to your client computers. Once you have successfully installed ESET solutions on all client computers, continue to Step 6 below.
Congratulations! You are now ready to manage your network using ESET Remote Administrator (ERA). The following articles will assist you in the completion of post installation tasks:
- After installing ESET solutions on clients, you can create static or dynamic groups to organize your endpoints and begin enforcing policies.
- Create, assign or schedule a new server task. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Configure automated email or file reports in ESET Remote Administrator Web Console (6.x).
- Create or manage your notifications.
- Organize your licenses.
- Manage client computers using client tasks. For example, refer to the following Knowledgebase article: Virus Signature Database Update.