ESET Parental Control for Android—FAQ
Latest version of ESET Parental Control for Android: 22.214.171.124
What is ESET Parental Control for Android?
ESET Parental Control for Android is an app for Android devices that allows parents to monitor and regulate the use of mobile devices by their children.
- Monitor a child's device usage from the parent's device.
- Application Guard—Blocking: Provides extra peace of mind for parents by showing suitable apps for your children based on their age group. Age-inappropriate apps can be automatically blocked.
- Application Guard—Time Limits: Playing games, sharing with friends and improving skills online are important for kids, but so are other family activities. This feature lets you set daily time limits for the apps of your choice.
- Child Locator: Trigger the location of children’s devices whenever you like, reducing any anxiety about where they are if they forget to text or call you.
- Zones with alerts: Allows parent to create multiple zones. Parents will then receive a notification each time a child enters or exits a zone.
- Web Guard: Allows kids to explore the Web, a fantastic place to learn new things and be entertained, without access to inappropriate content. Simply enter the child’s age, and categories such as gambling and pornography are blocked automatically.
- Parental Mode: Allows you to manage rules and receive reports on kids’ online activities so you can be confident they’re using the Internet safely.
- Child/Parent Setup Wizard: Helps you set up everything properly in just a few easy steps.
- Parentalcontrol.eset.com: Lets you sign up for a free my.eset.com account to access statistics and settings on your child’s device from your desktop PC, tablet or mobile phone.
Feature Free Trial/Premium Web Guard filtering
Automatically blocks pre-defined web categories based on child's age
Web Guard monitoring
Provides a list of visited websites
Up to 7 days,
Provides history of visited web pages/domains/categories/URLs
Reports for up to
Reports for up to
Filteres the of searches from search engines
Application Guard—manual editor
Enables manual selection of blocked and allowed apps
Application Guard—time budget
Enables app screen limits for school days, nights, weekends, etc.
Application Guard—time restrictions
Allows you to block periods of time when selected apps cannot be used
Provides a list of the most used apps
Reports for up to
Reports for up to
Manual location display from Parent App and my.eset.com
Zones with alerts
Notify parent when a child leaves or enters a dedicated zone.
Automatic app categorization
Enables automatic app access or blocking by age group
Provides a detailed summary of each child's device usage and online activity
What are the system requirements to install this app?
ESET Parental Control for Android can only be installed on Android devices.
- Operating system: Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later
- Internal RAM: 512 MB or more
- Touchscreen resolution: 320 x 480px or more
- Processor: ARM Core architecture – ARMv7 instruction set or higher, x86 Intel Atom, 500 MHz or more
- Free storage space: approximately 20 MB
- Internet connection
- Full Android account (some tablets offer a restricted profile only)
- Google Play services
- Accessibility services (Android Settings → Accessibility) – this prevents the ESET Parental Control app from being turned off by a child and improves the Web and App filtering
How do I install ESET Parental Control for Android?
ESET Parental Control for Android is available from the Google Play Store and ESET website. For step-by-step instructions to install ESET Parental Control for Android, see How do I install ESET Parental Control?
How do I uninstall ESET Parental Control for Android?
Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How do I manage ESET Parental Control for Android online?
The Parental Control Android app integrates with the My.ESET.com portal. Parents can monitor a child's online activity or adjust settings from any web browser through the My ESET portal:
During installation, should I select Child or Parent in the Whose device is this window?
On the Whose device is this? screen, which you will see when you open the app for the first time, you will have a choice between Child or Parent. If this is your device (parent), select Parent. If this is a child's device, select Child.
- Starting January 9 2019, Google Play will implement restrictions for the use of the SMS and Call permissions necessary for the core functionality of the SMS and Call filter features in ESET Parental Control. Due to these permissions restrictions, the following features will no longer be available in ESET Parental Control:
SOS button functionality
- Fun & Games time limits may not work if you are not using the latest version. To resolve this issue, check for updates in the app or update directly from the Google Play store.
How can parent access the settings and blocked applications on a child's device?
A parent can access the blocked features by enabling Parental mode. To enable Parental mode, open ESET Parental Control and tap the Unlock icon in the top right of the screen and type in your my.eset.com credentials. In the Parental mode, you will have access to all blocked features for two minutes.
How do Time Limits for Fun & games work?
In the Application Guard, you can set daily time limits for the apps of your choice. Time limits is a feature of the Application Guard that sets a time limit for the usage of apps marked as Fun & Games. You must mark apps as Fun & Games first (designate them using the Blue controller icon) in order for the time limits to work. For more information, see our Application Guard Online Help article.
- How do I update ESET Parental Control for Android?
To update the app, tap the menu icon in the top right corner → About → Application version and then tap Update. You can also update the app directly from the Google Play store.