Known issues with ESET products and Windows 10
- Resolve common issues after upgrading to Windows 10 with ESET installed
The latest versions of ESET home and business products can be used with Windows 10. If you currently use ESET products and are planning to upgrade to Windows 10 from an earlier version of Windows, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest available version of your ESET product before installing Windows 10.
Home users: Visit our Knowledgebase article for detailed information about compatibility and upgrading to Windows 10.
Business users: Visit our Knowledgebase article for detailed information about compatibility and upgrading to Windows 10.
After upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update), some users running Windows 32-bit systems may receive one of the following ESET error messages:
- Modules fail to load
- "Antivirus Protection is Nonfunctional"
- ESET Antivirus and Antispyware scanner module 1539.1 has been released as a temporary workaround for the Modules failed to load issue. This module disables the "Protected service" on Windows 10 1803 (RS4) 32-bit systems. After receiving the module update, you must restart your computer for the changes to take effect. No further action is required. Click here to view a screenshot of an updated scanner module version 1539.1
- To manually update the scanner module in your ESET product, click Update → Check for updates. For illustrated instructions, see Update ESET Products—check for latest product modules.
For affected users, Protected services will be re-enabled by an ESET module update when Microsoft and ESET implement a permanent solution.
- Upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows.
We are working with Microsoft to permanently resolve this issue and will continue to update this content as additional information is available.
Incorrect priority of 'ESET: Computer shutdown after scan' window
If you have enabled shutdown after running a Computer scan and you are running an application in the maximized mode (for example, Internet Explorer), the window is not displayed on the top. In this case, you will not be notified of the running application during the shutdown process.
ecmd.exe is not recognized as a trusted app
To run the ecmd.exe command line utility, click Yes in the Action Center dialog window.
Issues with Windows Updates in Windows 10
In Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced a revised Windows Update procedure. This new procedure involves more granular application of updates for individual components, and can cause your ESET program to indicate that updates are required after required updates have already been installed. Click here for instructions to eliminate these notifications.