Install ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS on a client workstation (6.x)
ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) users: Perform these steps in ERA
Windows users: Click to view manual installation instructions
Click the appropriate link below to download the ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus installer file:
The install package will appear in your Downloads folder or the default folder set by your browser. Double-click the installer file to open it.
- Double-click Install ESET Endpoint Security. When prompted, click Continue to launch the Installation Wizard.
- Remove any existing security applications such as antivirus, antisypware or firewall from your computer if you have not done so already. Click Continue if no other security applications are installed.
- Review the system requirements and click Continue.
- Read the ESET Software License Agreement and click Continue → Agree if you agree.
- Select Typical installation mode (select Custom if you want to configure your own settings) and click Continue.
- In the ESET LiveGrid window, select your preferred option and click Continue. If you decide later that you would like to change this setting, you will be able to do so using LiveGrid setup.
- In the Potentially Unwanted Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Continue. If you decide later that you would like to change this setting, you will be able to do so using Advanced setup.
- Click Install. If you are prompted to enter your macOS password, enter it and click Install Software.
- ESET Endpoint Security for macOS only: The New network connection detected window will be displayed. Select Home or Work from the drop-down menu if you are performing this installation in an office or home setting on a secure network. We recommend that you select the check box next to Remember network so that you do not have to configure settings for this network each time you restart your computer. Only select Public if you are traveling with your client computer and ESET Endpoint Security detects a new network in a public environment. Click OK when you are done making changes.