How do I use ESET Log Collector?
Are you a macOS user? Create log files on macOS.
ESET Log Collector is an application that automatically collects information and logs from a computer in order to help resolve issues more quickly. When you have a case open with ESET technical support, you may be asked to provide logs from your computer. ESET Log Collector will make it easy for you to collect the information needed.
Check to make sure that the version of ESET Log Collector you have installed is the latest version by confirming that the version listed in the Operation log matches the latest version shown here:
ESET Log Collector 184.108.40.206
For more information, see the ESET Log Collector Online Help (userguide).
Click the link below to download ESET Log Collector:
Download ESET Log Collector
After the tool has finished downloading, double-click it to run the tool.
- Click Agree to accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
Use the Collection profile drop-down to select the logs that you want to collect. The following options are available:
Default: Most logs needed to diagnose system issues will be collected. Does not include threat information and scan logs.
Threat Detection: Logs related to detected threats and the quarantine will be collected. Use this to submit logs when troubleshooting malware.
All: All logs will be submitted. Use this if you are not sure what to submit.
None: No logs will be collected.
- Custom: This setting is automatically selected if you select additional check boxes or deselect check boxes after selecting a profile.
- Default: Most logs needed to diagnose system issues will be collected. Does not include threat information and scan logs.
- From ESET logs collection drop-down menu, make sure that Original binary from disk is selected.
- Click ... (browse) next to Save archive as, specify the location where you want to save archive files and then click Save (the archive file name is already predefined).
- Click Collect.
Once collection is started, it will take some time to complete. You can view the operation log window at the bottom to see what operation is currently in progress.
When collection is finished, "All files have been collected and archived" will be displayed. This means that collection was successful and the archive file (for example, emsx_logs.zip) has been saved in the location specified in step 5.
If you already have a case open with ESET Technical Support, you can submit the log files as an email attachment when you respond to ESET. If you do not have a case open, contact ESET Technical Support.
Visit the Online Help to view a List of artifacts/Collected files.