Reset your settings password using the ESET unlock tool
- Prompted for a password when trying to access program settings
- User-defined password does not work
- Forgot user-defined password for program settings
- Unlock or reset password for advanced setup
- Need unlock code (downloaded and ran unlock.exe)
ESET Windows home products provide the option to establish a user-defined password to access program settings. If your system is part of a company network, please contact your network administrator for assistance.
If you do not know your user-defined password, you can use the ESET Unlock Utility to remove it and restore your access to the configuration settings (NOTE: this password is different from the ESET-issued Username and Password ESET emailed to you upon purchase of your product).
Follow the instructions below to use the ESET Unlock Utility to generate an unlock code:
Click the following link and save the ESET Unlock Utility to your Desktop:
- Double-click the file named unlock.exe. A window will appear with a numeric unlock ID.
- If you have not yet contacted ESET technical support, please submit a technical support support request containing the unlock ID that you generated in step 2, as well as the ESET-issued Username, Password and/or License key that was sent to you upon purchase. After opening the support form please navigate to Home User & Small Office Support » Other question or feedback (none of the above) » Request unlock code to access password protected settings. When you are finished, proceed to step 4. skip to step 5.
You will receive an email from ESET technical support with a unique case number. Close the ESET Unlock Utility while waiting for the email response from ESET technical support.The unlock code will be located at the top of the email following the sentence Below is the unlock code you requested.
Run the ESET Unlock Utility again and enter the numeric unlock code provided by ESET technical support (from step 4) into the Enter Code field. Once you are finished entering the code press Enter.
Open your Windows ESET product. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard to open the Advanced setup window. If the Advanced setup window appears, the password has been removed successfully.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.