Add an IP address to the trusted zone in ESET Windows home products
- You are unable to connect to (or from) another computer or device, such as a printer on your network
- Add an IP address or a range of IP addresses to the trusted list in your ESET product
Press the F5 key to access Advanced setup.
- Click Network Protection → Firewall, expand Advanced and click Edit next to Zones.
Version 8.x and earlier: expand Network → Personal firewall and click Rules and zones. In the Zone and rule editor section, click Setup. Click here for a screenshot.
Select Trusted zone and click Edit.
Version 8.x and earlier: click the Zones tab, select Trusted zone and then click Edit. Click here for a screenshot.
- Type the IP address or subnet of the trusted device in the Remote computer address (IP4, IPv6, range, mask) field and click OK to save your changes.
Version 8.x: click Add IPv4 address and select Single address to add the address of a single computer/device (select Address range to add the range of computer/device IPs that you want to access). After you have entered the IP address or IP range, click OK to save your changes.
- The IP addresses you just added to the trusted zone are visible in the Firewall zones window. Click OK twice to close the window and exit Advanced setup.