Resolve "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notifications
- The "Network threat blocked" notification below indicates ESET has detected and blocked an intrusion attempt—it does not indicate your system is infected.
This article applies to the following products:
- ESET Internet Security
- ESET Smart Security
- ESET Smart Security Premium
I. Update your ESET Windows home product and run a Computer scan
- Verify that program module updates are downloading properly (these will include ESET Personal firewall module updates whenever they are available). Update ESET products—check for latest product modules.
- Scan your computer.
- If ESET detects an infection, follow the steps in the Knowledgebase article below. Otherwise, continue to Part II.
II. Disable intrusion detection notifications
If your system is not infected, and you want to disable Detected Port Scanning Attack notifications, follow the steps below:
Press the F5 key to open Advanced setup.
- Click Personal firewall, expand Advanced and click Edit next to IDS and advanced options.
- Click the slider bar next to Display notification after attack detection to disable it and click OK to save your changes. To re-enable these notifications, repeat steps 1-3 above and click the slider bar next to Display notification after attack detection to enable it and then click OK.