- Apache Tomcat:
- 9.x (ESMC 7.1)
- 7.0.90 and 7.0.92 (ESMC 7.0)
If you have multiple Java versions installed on your system, we recommend that you uninstall the older Java versions and only keep the latest one.
Make sure that Java, ESMC, and Apache Tomcat have the same bitness (32-bit or 64-bit for ESMC 7.0 and 64-bit for ESMC 7.1).
I am installing new ESMC Server from All-in-one installer.
Migrate your existing ESMC Web Console to use JDK.
You can migrate your existing ESMC Web Console from Oracle Java JDK to an alternative one. Choose one of the migration scenarios below based on your current Apache Tomcat version.
Migration scenario for Tomcat version 7.0.90 and higher
This migration scenario does not require re-install of Apache Tomcat.
- Navigate to the Apache Tomcat location (for example,
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin\Tomcat7w.exe)
- In the Apache Tomcat 7 Properties window, navigate to the General tab and click on the Stop button to stop the Apache Tomcat service.
- Uninstall your current JDK.
- Install your desired JDK.
- Go back to the Apache Tomcat Properties window and navigate to the Java tab.
- Under Java Virtual Machine path select the correct path to the jvm.dll file based on the JDK. (for example for Amazon Corretto,
C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jre8\inserverjvm.dll)
- Go back to the General tab, and click Start to start the Apache Tomcat service.
- Verify that you can log in to your ESMC Web Console.
Migration scenario for Tomcat version 7.0.88 and lower
This migration scenario requires re-install of Apache Tomcat.
- Back up the necessary files:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\.keystore
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\Server.xml
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\Tomcat-users.xml
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf\Serverinfo.properties
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\era\WEB-INF\classes\sk\eset\era\g2webconsole\server\modules\config\EraWebServerConfig.properties
- Download and run the JDK installer.
- To change which JDK Apache Tomcat is used, you need to reinstall the Apache Tomcat.
- If you are running more than ESMC Web Console on Apache Tomcat, we recommend that you check the official Apache Tomcat upgrade/migration documentation.
- If you use a custom SSL certificate store in the Tomcat folder, back up the certificate.
- Uninstall the current version of Apache Tomcat.
- Delete the following folder if it is still present on your system:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.
- Run the Apache Tomcat installer from the ESMC All In One installers folder. During the installation, select the path to your JDK you intend to use instead of the Java SE. (for example,
C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jre8).
- When you are finished, deselect the check box next to Run Apache Tomcat.
- Verify that the Apache Tomcat Service is not running.
- Copy the era.war file from the installers folder to the Apache Tomcat web applications folder: click Start → Apache Tomcat → Tomcat Program Directory and open the webapps folder (on most Windows operating systems -
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps
- Allow a few minutes for the file extraction and ESMC Web Console installation. The installation will run silently but you can verify a successful installation by the presence of the era folder inside the webapps folder.
- Restore the backed up files to their original locations.
- Verify that the Apache Tomcat is using the JDK you selected. To do so, click Start → All Programs → Apache Tomcat → Monitor Tomcat. In the Java tab under Java Virtual Machine, there should be the path to the JDK you selected.
- You can now start the Apache Tomcat service and verify that the webconsole is running without any issues.