The latest version of ESET PROTECT Cloud was released on August 19, 2021.
What's new in ESET PROTECT Cloud
ESET PROTECT Cloud (formerly ESET Cloud Administrator) is a cloud-based management console (offered as a service) that enables centralized management of select ESET products. ESET PROTECT Cloud enables you to manage your company’s network security without the need to buy, install or maintain additional hardware.
Using the ESET PROTECT Cloud Web Console, you can deploy ESET products, manage tasks, enforce security policies, monitor system status, report on security incidents, and quickly respond to problems or threats on remote computers.
Below are some of the important new features in the currently released version 2.4 of ESET PROTECT Cloud:
- Support of up to 25,000 devices—Customers can now manage up to 25,000 devices from a single console (with the appropriate license).
- New ESET Dynamic Threat Defense (EDTD) dashboard—For customers with EDTD purchased, a new dashboard shows useful information and statistics related to the analyzed items in EDTD. Customers without purchased EDTD will see the dashboard with global statistics.
- Simplified EDTD Trial—The EDTD trial was now simplified so customers can obtain a trial license and deploy EDTD to devices across the network in just a few clicks. After the trial period, the license bundle can be easily upgraded to include EDTD, or the feature can be disabled again.
- One-click preview—See the details of a single Computer or Detection directly from the Computers or Detections section with a new preview sidebar.
- Last connection indicator—A new indicator in the Computers section appears when a computer was connected in the last replication interval. This is useful for determining which computers were recently online and will react to actions.
- Create a new trigger in client task details—Users can now open a pre-made task and create a new trigger for it directly without the need to open the task settings.
- The existing Dynamic Threat Defense dashboard was renamed to Cloud-based protection.
- ESET Full Disk Encryption for macOS (EFDE)—EFDE is a license-enabled full-disk encryption (FDE) module for macOS computers (excluding servers) that is integrated into the management console ESET PROTECT Cloud. EFDE for macOS allows one-click deployment and encryption initialization with all the remaining workflows fully manageable via a single pane of glass.
- CloudMDM—We are broadening our platform coverage by introducing the ability to manage Android mobile devices, to bring more value to our customers.
- iOS/iPadOS Mobile Device Management—Full iOS/iPadOS support is now available in ESET PROTECT Cloud 2.3 (including Apple Business Manager).
- Support for VMWare instant clones—VDI, cloning and hardware detection have been reworked and we added support for VMWare instant clones.
- Native ARM64 support—Native ARM64 support for ESET Management Agent for Windows.
Supported ESET products for ESET PROTECT Cloud
ESET PROTECT Cloud is able to deploy, activate, and manage the following ESET products using a License Key:
|ESET Endpoint Security for Windows
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows
|ESET Endpoint Security for OS X
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for OS X
|ESET File Security for Linux
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux
|ESET File Security for Windows Server
|ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
|ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint
|ESET Mail Security for IBM Domino Server
|ESET Full Disk Encryption
|ESET Security for Android
For the most up-to-date list of supported products, see the Online Help topic Supported Web browsers and ESET security products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about ESET PROTECT Cloud:
- How to upgrade ESET PROTECT Cloud components to the latest version?
See the Online Help topic Upgrade Agent.
- Can I deploy Live Installer (ESET products) remotely?
The ESET Remote Deployment Tool enables you to execute a Live Installer created by ESET PROTECT Cloud to deploy the ESET Management Agent and ESET Security Product remotely. See Remote deployment for more information.
What are the Known Issues in ESET PROTECT Cloud
Click here to view known Issues in the current version of ESET PROTECT Cloud
Available support resources