The latest version of ESET PROTECT Cloud was released on January 12, 2022.
What's new in ESET PROTECT Cloud
ESET PROTECT Cloud (formerly ESET Cloud Administrator) is a cloud-based management console (offered as a service) that enables centralized management of select ESET products. ESET PROTECT Cloud enables you to manage your company’s network security without the need to buy, install or maintain additional hardware.
Using the ESET PROTECT Cloud Web Console, you can deploy ESET products, manage tasks, enforce security policies, monitor system status, report on security incidents, and quickly respond to problems or threats on remote computers.
Below are some of the important new features in the currently released version 3.1.5 of ESET PROTECT Cloud:
- Easier installer package deployment—The initial creation and distribution of installation packages to endpoint computers are now streamlined with an installer package available in 2 clicks. The dialog was simplified while keeping all the advanced options.
- Dynamic groups for mobile devices—Create custom dynamic groups for your mobile devices, just like for endpoints on other platforms. Some presets are already available.
- Simplified trial for MSPs—Managed service providers can easily request trials and deploy ESET products for their customers.
For the full list of added, improved and fixed features see the Changelog.
ESET PROTECT Tour
ESET PROTECT Tour for ESET PROTECT Cloud will appear when you log into the Web Console for the first time. You can use ESET PROTECT Tour to familiarize yourself with the main Web Console sections and to deploy ESET Management Agents to computers in your network.
The wizard will give you a basic explanation of important ESET PROTECT Cloud Web Console sections, the ESET Management Agent and ESET security products.
ESET PROTECT Tour also helps you create a deployment package that contains the ESET Management Agent and ESET security product.
Read more about the ESET PROTECT Tour.
Supported ESET products for ESET PROTECT Cloud
ESET PROTECT Cloud is able to deploy, activate, and manage the following ESET products using a License Key:
|ESET Endpoint Security for Windows
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows
|ESET Endpoint Security for OS X
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for OS X
|ESET File Security for Linux
|ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux
|ESET File Security for Windows Server
|ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
|ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint
|ESET Mail Security for IBM Domino Server
|ESET Full Disk Encryption
|ESET Security for Android
For the most up-to-date list of supported products, see the Online Help topic Supported Web browsers and ESET security products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about ESET PROTECT Cloud:
- How to upgrade ESET PROTECT Cloud components to the latest version?
See the Online Help topic Upgrade Agent.
- Can I deploy Live Installer (ESET products) remotely?
The ESET Remote Deployment Tool enables you to execute a Live Installer created by ESET PROTECT Cloud to deploy the ESET Management Agent and ESET Security Product remotely. See Remote deployment for more information.
What are the Known Issues in ESET PROTECT Cloud
Click here to view known Issues in the current version of ESET PROTECT Cloud
Available support resources
- ADDED: Easier deployment—the new simplified dialog for installer download, and reworked wizard for creation of the customized installer
- ADDED: Dynamic groups for mobile devices
- ADDED: Easy trial, deploy and purchase of ESET Dynamic Threat Defense (EDTD) also for MSP customers
- ADDED: Hide and Show action for EDTD Dashboard
- ADDED: Possibility to add Group Name column in the Deductions section (not displayed by default)
- CHANGED: Default message contents (Computer first connected, Computer identity recovered, Computer cloning question created)
- IMPROVED: EDTD status (enabled/disabled) is reported properly to the console (requires Endpoint version 9.0 and above) and leveraged in various sections (for example, action Enable is not offered for endpoint where the feature is already enabled)
- IMPROVED: Computer description can be multiline
- IMPROVED: User can define more than one naming pattern for VDI master image
- IMPROVED: Hover effect (Inverted color) on the cell with Computer name (in Computers section) and on the cell with Detection type (in Detections section)
- IMPROVED: Computer name and IP is now in separate columns in the Detection section
- FIXED: Multiple sorting does not work as expected when the top priority is assigned to the Alerts column
- FIXED: The overall status of the license might not be shown correctly in specific cases
- FIXED: Various other bug fixes, security, and performance improvements