What's new | Upgrade instructions | System requirements | Known issues | Support resources | Changelog
Current version: 7.1.27
What's new in ESET Security Management Center 7.1
ESET Security Management Center 7.1 is an enterprise-grade security management solution providing visibility, management and reporting across all operating systems.
The list below contains information about the major changes in ESET Security Management Center version 7.1:
- ESET Full Disk Encryption (add-on feature)—ESET Full Disk Encryption (EFDE) provides powerful encryption managed natively by ESET remote management consoles and improves your organization’s data security to meet compliance regulations. EFDE allows one-click deployment and initialization of the encryption with all the remaining workflows fully integrated via single pane of glass. Learn more.
- Tags—Mark relevant objects (e.g. computers) with any number of completely user-definable tags. These tags can then be used to easily identify and find sets of related objects. These tags are independent of existing structures such as Active Directory, and can provide a fully customized way of organizing the most important items in the console.
- MSP Automation Framework—ESET Security Management Center (ESMC) is now fully integrated with ESET MSP Administrator 2 (EMA 2). This means that provisioning new customers is easier than ever before. After a new customer is added to EMA, they will be automatically synchronized with ESMC. Then creating a preconfigured installer or a user with limited access to your management console can be done in just a few easy steps. Customers are automatically added in the group-tree of ESMC and related objects are tagged with the customer name.
- Easier and safer exclusions—ESET is always thriving to improve its detections capabilities. For this sake we are adding the "Advanced machine learning module" to our managed security products and are improving the workflow of detection handling. We are introducing new scanner settings with more flexible detection sensitivity and handling of infections. This, combined with a new wizard for creating exclusions, streamlines the work with our products and further improves our customer’s security posture. A new dedicated screen to manage all detection exclusions further increases visibility and reduces management workload. Learn more.
- Usability improvements—Based on feedback, we are focusing on improving important workflows and enhancing the experience of our users. In the new version we are bringing dozens of smaller improvements.
- All-in-one Installer for Windows improvements—Installation workflows are now simpler. This includes upgrading a whole installation or individual components for server installations on Windows.
For a detailed list of improvements and changes, see the topic New features.
System requirements and supported operating systems for ESET Security Management Center 7.1
Click the appropriate link below to view details about system requirements and supported operating systems:
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about ESET Security Mangement Center:
- How do I install ESMC?
See the following Knowledgebase article: Getting started with ESET Security Management Center
- Do I have to pay to upgrade ERA to ESMC?
No, ESET customers with a valid business product license can upgrade to ESMC 7.1 for free.
- How to upgrade ERA to the latest version?
See the following Knowledgebase article: Upgrade ESET Remote Administrator 6.4 and later to ESET Security Management Center 7.1
What are the Known Issues in ESMC 7.1.27?
- All-in-one Installer for Windows—When upgrading from ESMC 7.0, the "Components to upgrade" screen shows some ESMC components are up-to-date; however, updates are available.
- ESET Management Agent Policy—HTTP Proxy settings include server connection fields that are not applicable (for example, Username, Password).
- Exclusions screen—A change of access group for a single exclusion, changes the access group for all exclusions.
- Computers screen—The Policies column includes the count of both policies and exclusions.
- Upgrade from ESET Remote Administrator 6.5—A two-factor authentication user phone number is not saved.
- Computer Details screen—"Mark as Master for cloning" option is available for macOS and Linux. When a user selects "Disable hardware detection", the "Mark as Master for cloning" option remains available.
- Computers screen and Dynamic Group Templates screen—Screen does not automatically refresh after editing the object details.
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus/Security for macOS—Language detection does not work on macOS Catalina (10.15).
- ESMC Agent (32-bit and 64 bit)—Agents removed from XP devices are duplicated.
Available support resources
ESET provides support in the form of User Guides, fully localized application help, an online Knowledgebase, and chat, email or phone support if applicable to your region.
- Fixed: Updated bundled Apache Tomcat version 9.0.31 to version 9.0.33 to avoid console loading issues.
- Fixed: The All-in-one installer and .iso package contains the version of Apache Tomcat 9.0.31, which solves known vulnerability CVE-2020-1938.
- NEW: ESET Full Disk Encryption add-on feature
- NEW: Tagging - objects are marked (e.g., computers) using user-defined tags
- NEW: MSP Automation Framework
- NEW: Support for the latest (v7) generation of Linux products
- NEW: Centralized Exclusions and wizard for exclusion creation
- ADDED: Computer isolation task
- ADDED: Unified table design with new navigation elements
- ADDED: Ability to directly export tables across all the main screens to different formats (e.g., CSV, PDF, PS)
- ADDED: New “empty screen” states for simpler object creation
- ADDED: Detections view is aggregated by time and other criteria to simplify operations and to resolve them
- ADDED: Execute one-click actions from the “Task Executions” screen
- ADDED: Create a combined installer including ESET Full Disk Encryption
- ADDED: Option to deactivate individual products
- ADDED: New dynamic groups related to newly introduced products
- ADDED: Search by the group name in computer screens and search bar
- ADDED: Ability to export and import dynamic group templates
- ADDED: Option to save the dashboard layout as a preset for the other users
- ADDED: Detections view includes data from “filtered websites”
- ADDED: EDTD exclusions can be created using the new exclusions wizard, where only the "by hash" option is enabled.
- ADDED: Generate pre-defined reports filtered to a selected group
- ADDED: Indonesian language support for the Web Console
- ADDED: ESET Management Agent supports the latest security products
- IMPROVED: UI Improvements & usability changes
- IMPROVED: Client and Server tasks merged into one view
- IMPROVED: Submitted files now displays "tree element" to better identify relevant customers or locations (valid for MSP)
- IMPROVED: New column selector element for primary tables, that simplifies the selection and arrangement of columns
- IMPROVED: Context menu now applies for all selected rows
- IMPROVED: Filtering panel has a few new options, e.g., autocomplete feature
- IMPROVED: Layout of the Detections (previously “threats”) screen with new detection details
- IMPROVED: Reports screen layout includes a one-click report generation option
- IMPROVED: Updates to the Task section; triggers display in a separate “Task Details” view
- IMPROVED: Layout of policies screen, with simpler orientation and navigation
- IMPROVED: Layout of notifications screen with notification details
- IMPROVED: Enhanced installers screen with installer status and tags panel for better usability for MSP
- IMPROVED: AV remover (part of management agent) supports auto-update
- IMPROVED: ESMC All-in-one installer for Windows makes it easier to upgrade the entire ESMC installation or individual ESMC components
- IMPROVED: The download speed of ESET download repositories is significantly improved
- IMPROVED: Management agent installer size significantly reduced
- CHANGED: "Threats" section was renamed to "Detections"
- CHANGED: Management agent compatibility update related to macOS 10.7 and 10.8 support (see documentation for more details)
- CHANGED: ESET Security Management Center ends support for Endpoint and Server Security versions 6.0 - 6.4. Read more here.