How do I use ESET Banking & Payment protection?
A system restart is required after installing ESET Smart Security, ESET Internet Security, or ESET Smart Security Premium to allow full functionality of the Banking and Payment protection feature. Using the secured browser without restarting will still protect users from potential security risks, but it will not encrypt the data from keyloggers.
Banking & Payment protection ensures that all online transactions are protected in a trusted and secured environment.
ESET Smart Security, ESET Internet Security, or ESET Smart Security Premium contain a built-in list of pre-defined websites that will trigger the ESET protected browser. The secured browser encrypts the communication between your keyboard and browser to provide additional security against keyloggers for banking transactions, credit card numbers and other sensitive personal data.
Supported browsers: Internet Explorer (184.108.40.206+), Chrome (220.127.116.11+), and Firefox (18.104.22.168+).
- Microsoft Edge browser is not supported at this time.
- Some older 64-bit versions of Chrome may not be supported—we recommend a later version of the browser.
- To ensure compatibility, the latest versions of browsers may not be supported on initial release. If you have updated your browser to the latest version that is not supported, you can open and use the secured browser.
- A browser started from the Windows Metro environment is not supported.
- Windows XP x64 is not supported.
Set Internet Explorer as your default browser:
For the best experience with ESET Banking and Payment protection, follow the steps below to make Microsoft Internet Explorer your default web browser:
Open Internet Explorer and click Tools → Internet options.
Select the Programs tab and click Make default.
Open the Banking & Payment protection secured browser
You can open the secured browser directly from the Home tab in ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security or from the Tools tab in ESET Smart Security Premium. You can also open the installed ESET Banking & Payment protection application from your Desktop.
Click the image to view larger in new window
The ESET Banking & Payment protection secured browser opens with a green border surrounding it and the Secured by ESET tag.
Add or remove banking websites
ESET Smart Security, ESET Smart Security Premium, and ESET Internet Security contain a pre-defined list of websites that will trigger the ESET Banking & Payment protection prompt.
- Remember choice for this website: the ESET Banking & Payment protection secured browser open automatically the next time you visit this website.
- Ask every time: you will see the ESET Banking & Payment protection Continue browsing with more protection? prompt each time you navigate to this website.
Make a selection and then click Open secured browser.
To add a website or edit the list of websites that will automatically trigger the ESET Banking & Payment protection secured browser to open, press the F5 key to access Advanced setup. Click Web and Email → Banking & Payment protection → Edit.
To add a website to the list, edit or remove an existing website, click Add, Edit or Remove respectively in the Protected websites window.