I receive the error message "Serial number or Activation key already activated" or "Serial number exceeded the allowed number of activations"
- You receive an error message when attempting to activate a serial number or activation key on the ESET website
If you are receive either of the error messages shown below (see Figure 1-1) while activating on our website, you have already activated your activation key or serial number and received a Username, Password, and/or License Key via email.
You now need to activate your ESET product. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Upgrade to the latest version of your product.
- Activate my Windows home product using my Username, Password, or License Key.
- Verify that your ESET product is updating correctly. How do I know ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus is updating correctly?
If you are receiving the error message "The serial number you entered could not be found in our system" (see Figure 1-2), it is likely you entered your serial number incorrectly.
When entering your serial number or activation key, use the following guidelines:
- Any hyphens ("-") in the serial number must be included
- The serial number must be entered with no spaces
- Verify that the letter "O" was not typed instead of the number zero
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact ESET Technical Support.