ESET Outlook Plug-in error when starting Microsoft OutlookKB Solution ID: KB767|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
you receive the following error message when starting Microsoft Outlook:
The Add-in 'ESET Outlook Plugin' (C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\ESETNO~1\EPLGOU~1.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.
- The error message above may occur on a computer with multiple user profiles after an upgrade, reinstall, or failed uninstall of ESET Smart Security.
- Click the Tools > Options and select the Other tab.
- Press Advanced settings > Add-ins Manager and deselect the ESET Outlook Add-in.
Click OK to confirm the selection.
Solution 2: You can install Office 2003 Service Pack 3 to resolve the error message. Click the link below to visit the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Tools > TrustCenter.
- All active, non-active and disabled add-ins will be displayed.
- Click the ESET Outlook Add-in and click Go. This will then open the COM add-ins page. You can deselect the ESET Outlook Add-in.
- Click OK to confirm the selection.
- Click File > Options.
- Click Add-ins.
- Select the ESET Outlook Add-in from the list of add-ins and then click Go.
- Deselect the check box next to ESET Outlook Add-in and confirm by clicking OK.