Upgrade ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server from 4.x to the latest version (7.x)
- Best practices for upgrading ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (EMSX) to version 7
Existing customers with a valid business license for ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (EMSX) may upgrade to the latest version of the same product for free.
I. Uninstall EMSX version 4.x
Open ESET Mail Security.
Press the F5 key on your keyboard to display the Advanced setup window.
- Select Antivirus and antispyware from the Setup tree on the left, deselect Enable Self-defense and then click OK.
Restart the server.
- Uninstall EMSX version 4.x.
- Restart the server after uninstalling EMSX. Continue to part II below to install EMSX version 7.
Download ESET Mail Security 7
When the download is complete, double-click the installer file to launch the ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server installer.
Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
Select Complete and click Next.
- Once the installation is finished, select an activation option. In this example, Enter a License Key is selected.
- Type your ESET-issued License Key in the blank field and click Continue (if you do not have your License Key, click here to have your license information sent to you).
After a successful activation, click Done.
- Select an option for the Detection of potentially unwanted applications and click OK.
- Select your participation in the ESET LiveGrid feedback system and click OK.
ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server is installed and your computer is fully protected.