How do I disable the ESET Smart Security Personal firewall? (3.x)
The Personal firewall is a tightly integrated feature of the ESET Smart Security solution and cannot be permanently disabled. You can create a rule to open all connections through TCP and UDP in order to allow all network traffic to and from your computer. However, the firewall’s Intrusion Detection System against network attacks will remain active.
To create a rule to allow all network traffic, please follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced setup window. Click Personal firewall from the Advanced setup tree on the left and select Interactive mode from the Filtering mode drop-down menu.
- From the Advanced setup tree, click Personal firewall → Rules and zones, and then clickSetup in the Zone and rule editor section.
- Create a new rule to allow all traffic–click New and enter a name for the rule such as 'Allow All'. Set Direction to Both, set Action to Allow and then click OK. Click Yes to confirm.
- Click Toggle detailed view of all rules and deselect every rule except for the 'Allow All' rule you have just created. Click OK to save your changes.