Download and Install ESET Smart Security
Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software on your system.
If you have a CD, insert it into your computer (if the installation does not begin automatically, click Start → Computer and double-click the ESET disc icon).
To install without a CD:
- In the Install ESET Smart Security screen, click Continue.
- Click I Accept.
- Click Done to exit the Installation Wizard.
The Product activation window will open automatically. If you are updating from a previous version, your license info will be entered automatically. Type or copy/paste your License Key into the blank field and click Activate. If you have a CD, type your Activation Key (printed on the label) into the blank field. Be sure to include hyphens.
Click here if you do not have a License Key or did not receive an email with license info following your purchase.
If you entered your credentials correctly, you will see the Activation successful screen. Click Done to complete your activation. If you have a CD and used an Activation Key to activate, you will see a registration screen. Complete all relevant fields and click Activate → Done.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- In the Network connection found window, click Home or office network if you are performing this installation in an office or home environment on a secure network. Only select Public network if you are traveling with your client computer and ESET Endpoint Security detects a new network.
Anti-Theft is recommended for laptop users, if you are installing on a stationary PC, you can skip this step.
In the ESET Anti-Theft window, click Create new account (if you already have an account, use your my.eset.com email address and password to login). If the window does not appear automatically, click Setup → Security tools and then click the slider next to Anti-Theft.
- In the Device name field, type a name for your device and click Next.
- Click Create new account online.
- Fill in the form and click Create new my.eset.com account.
- After you complete registration, log into my.eset.com to manage your device(s), set up ESET Ant-Theft, resolve Anti-Theft optimization warnings, etc.