Roll back module updates in ESET Windows home products
- A new product update is unstable or corrupt
- Roll back to the previous module version or virus signature database and suspend updates for a set period of time
- Enable previously disabled updates if you have suspended updates indefinitely
This article applies to the following products:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- ESET Internet Security
- ESET Smart Security
- ESET Smart Security Premium
If you suspect that a new update of the virus database and/or program modules may be unstable or corrupt, you can roll back to the previous version and disable updates for a set period of time. Alternatively, you can enable previously disabled updates if you had postponed them indefinitely. ESET Smart Security records snapshots of the virus signature database and program modules for use with the rollback feature. In order to create virus signature database snapshots, leave the check box next to Create snapshots of update files selected. The "Number of locally stored snapshots" field defines the number of previous virus signature database snapshots stored.
Press F5 to access Advanced setup.
- Click Update, expand General and then click Rollback.
Version 9.x and earlier: click Update rollback → Roll back.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Select a time interval for which you would like to suspend virus signature database updates from the Suspend updates drop-down menu and click OK.
- Click OK to save your changes.